1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Making this game go FASTER!!! on mac

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by back_draft, Feb 20, 2001.

1. back_draft

back_draft New Member

Ok every time i play wit 15 bots it goes quite slow ..i need help making it run smooth. I have a iMac DV with the ATI Rage 128 with 128 Mb of Ram and virtual memory turned up to 160mb to run it could i decerase it??? :confused:

2. BA Baracus

BA Baracus I pity the fool!

it's really going to come down to Pretty Pictures/Better Performance.

if you don't mind the game not looking quite as good, at the main menu, hit Command-F to get to the advanced options, under the Rave Settings dissable corona's and some other options. then just in the INF video settings turn down the world skin and texture details and dissable Dynamic Lighting. the game definately won't look as good, but hopefully will run better. also, with the Rage 128, make sure your resolution is 640x480, and 16 color might give you a little boost too...

other than that the only real reccomendations are to upgrade your RAM to at least 256 and turn off VM alltogether. Upgrade the video card(although in my G3 i upgraded from a Rage 128 to a Radeon with little improvement), and the most expensive option that would likely make the most difference, upgrade the CPU.

[​IMG]
    i pity the fool who don't eat my cereal!