UE3 - General Making a Skeletal Mesh's Bone Face Another Actor

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

feanix

Apr 20, 2010
I'm trying to make a sunflower track a light across the sky. The sunflower is a Sketal Mesh with a bone for it's flower. This flower is properly skinned to support animation. I've set up a Skeletal Controller (SkelControlLookAt) and it's working nicely in the Animation Tree as pictured below:
8vxo48.jpg

Also pictured below are the Skeletal Mesh and the Movable Point Light i'm using as the sun for now:
52gfo1.jpg

wrxbuf.jpg

And here is what I believe is the relevant section of the Skeletal Mesh's properties window:
2m2f9m8.jpg

So my problem is that I can't figure out how to make the flower face the light. The flower stays at the default up position. I assumed that making skeletal meshes face other skeletal meshes would be something that would be doable since character's heads need to face specific things in cinematics.

There is very little information on the internet about SkelControlLookAts (only four pages of results in Google!). Perhaps I'm trying to approach this from the wrong angle?

Any help would be appreciated.

PS: I'd prefer for the sunflower to track the sun dynamically. So predone animation would work but wouldn't be result I'm after.