UE2 - UT2kX Making a new CBP/UCMP (yes, this is a 2019 thread)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
Most of the good mappers and modders have moved on, and the player count is very low.
You haven't presented a clear game-plan or project over-view.
What have you got or can add to the pot ?

If you had a project in motion it would be easier to gain momentum.

The project would have to be something special or very different to have any attraction.
Are you wanting more of the same, or a new focus that may interest different players ?

Looking at what recent mods we have as potential cores;
Personally I would lean towards something different, maybe even using Meowcats TWD Vehicles as the transport.
Setting a U-real-world theme, with real and scifi weapons and enhanced gore/blood (Ballistic Weapons).
Enhanced ragdoll physics.
Large maps with scope for variety of play so they can be reused several ways.
That may seem to fly in the face of the low numbers, but people have drifted to more open-world battlefields, so to attract new gamers a new game mode may be the answer (but not more Battle Royale).
We have Last Man Standing and King Of The Hill already, so if BR is what people want, I'd say use the modes we already have with random objectives to complete or collect.

What about an obligatory zombie mode ?
Perhaps the project could be a horror pack, and so maybe get a bit of regular use on Halloween.

Food for thought

UT2kxPartyBoy

Third world user
Jul 13, 2008
Pergamino
pabloperugino.com
I just want to do a classic map pack, it's already hard to get mappers, it's harder to get mappers that know 3DS or PS... if you want to add coders to the mix, it's just too much...

Hey, please, if you are interested, post in the Epic's thread so I don't have the need to follow several forums...

Not related to this but I have a personal project for that gameplay thing, and yes, sadly it's BR related, but don't expect anything soon because I'm using it to learn UnrealScript...