Making a CTF variations

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Javalleron

Nov 7, 2001
I have a couple of ideas for variations on CTF, but don't have the slightest idea where to begin. I'm new at the coding for UT, but have done some computer programming with C/C++.

Anyway, my ideas are:

1) a CTF map where there is only one flag. The goal is to get the flag to your base to score a point.

2) a CTF map where each team has two or more flags to defend.

Any suggestions on where to begin? Are there any mods/mutators that already do these things?

- J.

Euphoric Beaver

impeccably groomed
Apr 19, 2001
Great Britain
www.euphoric-beaver.me.uk
I remember alot people moaning about making CTF varients. :D

Anyhow, there are a couple of mods like the second option. I think one's called CTF-4 or something forget the name.
You can check out Mod Squad to find it.

For the first one it, sounds pretty straight forward to do. Maybe you can get away with simply moving or deleting one of the flags?

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
Both CTF4 exist and also CTF with one white flag that' your'e supposed to get to your base.
Also check out one mutator (don't remember name) that you had to find a airstrike-missile, and bring it to the OTHER base, killing you, and everyone around, but you go out in a blaze of glory, since you don't get a death, but recieve points for caping and fragging...

Javalleron

Nov 7, 2001
I have the CTFM mutator (which is what I think you're referring to by CTF-4). That allows up to 4 teams in CTF. What I was looking for was a mutator and/or a map that set up each team with two or more flags to guard. For example, in a standard 2-team game, there might be four flags (two red and two blue).