1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Make the next version for UT2004

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by Morag, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Morag

Morag New Member

Well I'm aware that Macs arent exaclty the best system for games, at the same time UT is an ageing game and perhaps infiltration will benefit from it switching over to UT2004, and UT doesnt work on Mac OS X, and I have come to hate any previous OS's quite a bit. Hopefully at some point the team will make the jump from UT to UT2004 like they did from Unreal to UT. I would certainly be happy, b/c inf alone would make UT2004 worth buying

2. AlmostAlive

AlmostAlive Active Member

The decision to go with Half Life 2's engine has already been made.

3. Specter

Specter Infiltrator

Yeah, it is unfortunate that Mac and Linux users won't get to play the next version of Infiltration. However, you can download Unreal Tournament X Preview 3 for Mac OS X and still play INF 2.9.

http://www.macgamefiles.com/detail.php?item=16914

The are a some graphics glitches with a few of the weapons when they are aimed. I think it has something to do with OpenGL, but I'm not sure. Has anyone else had problems with the clipping of aimed weapons?

4. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

Preview 3....

*cringe*

Terrible, terrible release. Runs like crap on any mac - and that's a promise.

Hopefully, Ryan Gordon's update will be released soon (soon as in - this year). :(

5. Lasersailor184

Lasersailor184 The_Punisher

Switching to 2004 would be a bad idea. The fanbase is shrinking, it nearly isn't as large as Hl2 and it's a couple of years after the release.

6. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

And what has the current fanbase got to do with anything? Do we really want a million CS players playing Inf?

7. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

A million CS players playing inf!...

*falls into a deep coma*

8. cracwhore

Why not? We already have twenty CS players playing INF...

And you know what's funny? There are quite a few players in CS:S play more realistically than most INF players.

Yeah, I know, 'blasphemeh!' Sorry guys, it's true. As gay as that game is, there are some people that actually play it as a team and coordinate attacks and such (something that happens in INF maybe twice a week) rather than just using the game as an IRC client.

Also, we have h4x0rs in INF currently. In a small community where maybe three games occur a day, we have people trying to cheat.

...amazing... :(

9. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

Read behind the words a bit more crac, I wasn't talking literally. I play CS, yet I'd like to think I'm one of the most team-oriented players in both Inf and CS. I'm talking about the attitude of the players, not the game they play.

Yes, there are some who play CS realistically. There are a hell of a lot more who abuse every bug possible, have '1337 ski11z', and have the potential to ruin Inf completely if there's any way of abusing it.

10. geogob

Well too bad for them... as you said, the community is small and we all know who they are.

They deserve no respect and they won't get any from me.

11. eon5

eon5 New Member

INFILTRATION goes to HL2 !? :eek:

[​IMG]

12. hol@stickboy

hol@stickboy New Member

Oh, damn. Now I have to buy HLF2 if I want to play the new INF. As for cheaters, i have nothing to say to them... BASTARDS!

13. Demosthanese

Demosthanese .

You mean people like the Naughty Clan or DBD, or perhaps you mean someone like many of the people in GD.

We already have many people in the community that exploit every bug and oversight, such as strafe whoring an M203 on the M16A2.

14. cracwhore

By 'many', you meant 'NTKB' right? :lol: :p

15. Taque

Taque Custom User Title

Whoa, pot calling the kettle black, Demo. I was playing with some of your clanmates the other day and they insisted on using some map bugs that were agreed at the beginning of the map to be illegal because they "heard it was ok."

As for "abusing every bug possible," the strafe whoring on the M203, I'd hope, was (for some reason) a decision on the team's part rather than an oversight. What other bugs are you talking about?

16. cracwhore

What map bugs? And which members? :mad:

17. NTKB

NTKB Banned

You know crac, I know you are joking, but in light of the UTDC thread, I would appreciate it if my friends and people who know me stop calling me a cheater forever. Im tired of it to be honest because I may do things that are questionable once in a while like exit camp, but game abuse like wallhacking, radar (does one really exist?), and now the so called aimbot (still dont believe it), I do not do! Ive even been accused of mesh hacking, which is funny cause I had no idea what they were even talking about at the time.

True storys:

I went into the 121st platoon server roughly a year ago. I was under an alias and my team was underhanded and had some noobs while the other team was all 121st members. I grabbed an HK69 and lots of nades, and the AKMSU. Instead of waiting for a tango, I figured these guys would all have predefined places to camp. So I went in nuking ALL bushes where I thought tangos would be along the long canyon area on pakinsi gorge. I killed most of them with nades (there was about 7 members playing) and then went for the cd after killing 1 camping the CD. I grabbed the CD and extracted same way, but one had crossed in via the center pass. I slayed him, and then was admin booted from there server after they told me I was seeing through bushes. I had no clue wtf they were talking about, but my tactic worked against there plan.

If I can only recall the countless times I have been called an aimbot or hacker jesting and real by many people. I used to take screenshots to prove to myself I was that good in INF. I didnt beleive it for a long time. I would take shots of people calling me hacker but I dont anymore. Its actually a rather serious accusation now that I realize it.

Anyway, if anyone understands thanks for reading.

18. geogob

Well that's pretty easy to understand... when you played an EAS map over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, it's pretty much always the same. After a while you've seen all the tactics and it's pretty seldom to see something new happen. Basically, since the objective is fixed the attack routes are also fixed. It doesn't take 2 years to figure out all the places where someone could sit, hide and wait. How many times did you pull a nade and throwed it around a corner because "there is always someone waiting there"? That's a problem inherent with static objective maps like in EAS.

Of course, when you know the maps so well, you'll get a lot of furious caps chat going on... "OMG HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS THERE... WALL HACKER... BS... BLA BLA BLA". Often the answer "I didn't know _you_ where there, but theirs always someone hiding there..."

Lets bring forth a real example... I was getting slayed by cheese yesterday in BastilleStation. He was in a spot impossible to see until too later, hard to nade and that I have never seen before (odd... something new... that was a surprise). Now you can be certain that the next time I get to that spot, my minimi will have start throwing out lead long before being in the danger zone and to that direction, even if I don't know if someone is there... because it's the only way to get the defender, if he is there, without getting any casualty.

Will i get accused of wall hacking for doing so... probably.

But NT's story probably confirms what I said in the UTDC thread... it's hard to tell and very difficult (for most people) to see the difference between a very good player who has good instinct and a cheater. I'm very confident NT did not cheat that day, eventhough he got kicked. Kicking players accused of cheating without being able to prove it is something I'd hate to do.

EDIT: ok this has gone way of topic. SOrry about that... I had absolutely no idea in which thread i was posting lol. And btw, Demo, you can trash talk other clans all you want, but don't be surprised after that if people don't have much respect for P^R. If you don't respect others, don't expect their respect either. But i'm sure you don't need me teaching you the basics of living in a civilized sociaty (which excludes The Internet anyway).

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  19. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

And they is peace on earth... at least in BastilleStation.

20. geogob