1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Make Something Unreal Contest Screenshots - VCTF Edition

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, Jul 5, 2008.

1. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

We've got screenshots posted for all of the Vehicle Capture the Flag entries into Phase 1 of the Make Something Unreal Contest. If you click on the screenshot, you can view a short description of the map or what it is you are seeing. We also have a download link that consists of all VCTF maps in one big download.

Look for updates to the article soon as we add the DM and WAR gametypes. You can also check out yesterday's CTF screenshots.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Anuban

Anuban Your reward is that you are still alive

VCTF-Asunder looks pretty nice ... its the one level I have not played so there is a chance my predictions could change. Not many maps in the category. But the ones that are entered are all top notch ... this is not going to be easy for the judges.

3. JimBodkins

JimBodkins New Member

Of those I have checked - they are terrific.

Two notes -

OffTheRails (Very nice) has on my system two texture (perhaps effects) errors in the train tunnel wall. Black - no texture/light. Great map.

[SCREENSHOT]http://gate.chms.net/ut3/ScreenShot00005.bmp[/SCREENSHOT]
    [SCREENSHOT]http://gate.chms.net/ut3/ScreenShot00006.bmp[/SCREENSHOT]
    [SCREENSHOT]http://gate.chms.net/ut3/ScreenShot00007.bmp[/SCREENSHOT]

*** CORRECTION *** it is PBG-Sanctum NOT Asunder - The folliage melts off the trees as I approach them.

I am using texture setting 4 and world detail 1 (my video is weak) with 70% rendered area.

All the maps I have seen are terrific.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  4. Anuban

Well that must be on your system only and due to a graphics driver because Offtherails looks perfect on my PC and PS3. I play with 5/5 on the PC. Maybe he doesn't have a fallback for the low world detail.

5. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

Thank you hal for the download link.

6. Sk.7

Sk.7 New Member

Excellent!! Thanks for the linkie! :D

7. JimBodkins

JimBodkins New Member

Which is why I mentioned my settings. Its a question as to whether he wants his level to be playable by anyone that can run UT3 or only those on the highest settings. (He may be unaware of this also). Setting 5 (textures) - as I understand it - adds some effects that are strictly version three shader effects. I dont have those - which may be why it renders as black.

Its a terrific level.

The issue on Sanctum appears to be LOD related.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  8. Trynant

Trynant Manic Brawler

Is anyone else surprised that VCTF-AggressiveAlleys3 (Hot and Wet) weren't entered into the MSUC? Those were extremely well done maps.

9. Anuban

He probably didn't want to hear from people who are not even judging the contest that his map was not very good and was lacking this or that. There is a lot that going around on these threads ... people who have not entered anything openly knocking the entries without regard to being civil or tactful. Who needs that crap?