1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

"Make Something Real" contest maps

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by Alpha_9, Jul 8, 2000.

1. Alpha_9

Alpha_9 Infiltration lead level designer

Can we look forward to a wave of new map reviews at Real Maps when the contest is over? All those hard-working mappers, all those submissions... I'm sure there will be lots of great maps other than the winning entry. I'd sure love to get the chance to try them all out!

btw, about how many submissions does it look like will be entered in the contest? Anybody know?
    <h1><font face="symbol">
    a 1001</font></h1>
    "I love war and responsibility and excitement.
    Peace is going to be hell on me."

Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

2. CoffeyCan

CoffeyCan Real Maps Coordinator

He he... well a wave is bit of an overstatement. Due to the short time period that we had, many people were unable to complete maps by the extended deadline. We also got several maps that had problems that have to be resolved before I could even play them, so if they are remedied, then well have 5-6 maps that you can play, since there isnt any reason to keep them from the community..
    CC

RealMaps Site Co-Founder/Coordinator
    Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
    http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/
    "Fall seven times, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

3. hunchback

hunchback New Member

i was hoping to finish my level in time, but a skateboarding accident yesterday left me one operational arm short of what i'd need to finish it. hopefully, i'll be able to work on it some more on monday after i get a plaster cast put on. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

the dvorak one-handed keyboard layout is a godsend! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

4. Christopher Webb

Christopher Webb Overtly Serious Chappy.

oo, /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif nasty. I fractured my ankle last year, took 6 weeks for the cask to come off, and many more for the joints to heal.

I've given up mapping for too long to really be able to finish my shoddy map (comp closes tomorrow). But oh well. There's still plenty of time I guess to one day finish it (and all the other ideas that have only come to you when you're in the middle of uni exams).

<insert cute/ interesting/ bizarre signature here>

5. [DT-P]Piecemaker

[DT-P]Piecemaker New Member

Ive torn (yes torn) both my ankles, one took 12 weeks so that I could start running (I mean jogging, I mean walking fast). Damn, and I still play basketball...

6. INF_Neo

INF_Neo Infiltration Sound Engineer

HA! That's nothing!
    It all began with an apple, a knife and me...the wound was at leeeeeeeeast 1mm deep and 1cm wide. That was pain! Oh, I almost died!

Neo
    I N F I L T R A T I O N
    Sound Engineer

7. Alpha_9

Alpha_9 Infiltration lead level designer

Aww, Neo wanna band-aid for da booboo? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
    <h1><font face="symbol">
    a 1001</font></h1>
    "I love war and responsibility and excitement.
    Peace is going to be hell on me."

Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

8. hunchback

hunchback New Member

thanks for the reassurances, guys. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif i'm getting a plaster cast tomorrow; i broke my radius near the elbow. hopefully it won't be on for too long; i miss hitting the ol' control and alt keys in ued. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

9. CBuzz

CBuzz New Member

wanna hear a good one?

while training for some mountain-bike racing 2 summers ago, I wrecked about 18 miles into a 24 mile ride. I rode the 6 miles back to my car feeling just amazingly awful. I drove about 20 miles toward a walk-in clinic where I had x-rays, which revealed that I had a cracked rib (or so i was told). I went home. After laying around at home feeling worse and worse I decided to drive myself to the emergency room at the nearest hospital, where I found out that I had actually broken 2 ribs, ruptured my spleen, and had lost alot of blood internally. 6 days later i returned home from the hospital minus a spleen.
    now just how off-topic have i taken this thread? hmmm....

10. SeekerX

SeekerX New Member

Add me to the list of injured people. On Friday I got checked into the hospital with what apppeared to be acute appendicitis, but now it seems more likely that I've been blessed with some sort of bowel disease. Never been in so much pain in my life. Anyways, my map was at least a day away from being completely done, and I'm afraid I just got to my computer right now. Oh well. I'm still pretty rough, so it'll be a good week or so before you see anything from me.
    Four days staring at the hospital room ceiling came up with some good INF ideas though...

11. Buddy_Pickle

Buddy_Pickle Fffeeerrrtt!!!

Hmmm...

I hesitate to even mention this one, mainly because it is not nearly as cool as some of your experiences, but funny nonetheless.

I was in my bathroom a couple of years ago, and we had just purchased a puppy. (Lab, Dalmatian mix called "CC"....no relation to CoffeyCan /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Anyway, I am in there brushing my teeth one night very late, and the dog is lying near my feet. All of the sudden, without anything resembling any kind of warning, CC barked loud and hard. It scared me so damn bad that I instinctively and uncontrollably jammed my tooth brush into the back of my throat, right through a quarter inch of whatever the hell skin and tissue I have back there.

I could not talk or eat for a week. Even after that I had a tough time swallowing without wincing in pain.

(damn dog...)

[​IMG]
    Buddy_Pickle
    RealMaps Co-Founder / Web Guy
    www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/

12. Styx_Surfer

Styx_Surfer Pictor Habilis

ROTFLMAO /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

13. Christopher Webb

Christopher Webb Overtly Serious Chappy.

Oh my god.

I don't know whether to wince or laugh.

<insert cute/ interesting/ bizarre signature here>

14. -=DeViL-MoNkEY=-

-=DeViL-MoNkEY=- Bored.

Well about a year ago, I was round a friends house, Our host offered us some fig rolls, ( 2 to be presise [sic]) Anyway the other friend ( not our host ) took 3 fig rolls and our host went f**king mental, he picked up a knife of the kitchen side board and chucked it at my friend, it landed in his foot, and he was unable to walk for 3 months, it was soooo funny, (but scary)

<marquee>-=DeViL-MoNkeY=-</marquee>
    <marquee> <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/infHQ" TARGET=_blank> Hey! Its My Site! Go Here! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif</A></marquee>