1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Magazine Limit- why 5?

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by Col.Sanders, Nov 22, 2000.

1. Col.Sanders

Col.Sanders New Member

Why can I only carry 5 mags max per gun, yet I can carry three guns, each with 5 mags? This seems to be an arbitrary limit, so will it be changed?

2. Mac_Fodder

Mac_Fodder Just 1 more post.

Bulk

You could carry more weapons if you didn't run out of money. You can carry as many items as you want as long as you can heft them around. It will make a whole lot more sense once the Bulk system is implemented. But the short of it is the more you carry the more it wieghs and the slower you go.

To really start getting ready for it I would suggest trying to keep the bulk of your loadouts as low as possible. You can see the bulk rating of your loadout in the loadout screen. I'm really curious to see how the bulk will affect the movement of the game. :D

3. Cuchullain

Cuchullain New Member

Mac_Fodder's got the right idea. I don't know why they limit to only 5 clips, but th multi-gun thing will definately become an issue in 3.0.

Right now I'm designing load outs for specifics usage.

I've got a Sniper loadout, Assault loadout, silent assault loadout and so on. They only contain the material needed for that loadout. As An example - the silent loadout will include a silenced MP5, beretta, Ka-bar and I generally throw a nade in or two to round it out. These weapons combined with the ammo can get heavy.

Anything else just complicates what I'm trying to do that map.

Yep, it doesn't make sense the way they have it now, but later it will all come together.

I BELIEVE IN GREATER ACCURACY THROUGH VOLUME!!

Dedicated to providing the Infiltration community with a one-stop source for information and fun, friendly on-line gaming.

Visit us at www.sgservers.com.

4. Mac_Fodder

Mac_Fodder Just 1 more post.

Bulk in 3.0

I just figured that with the Bulk implemented, any more than 5 clips would be useless anyways so that's why they chose 5. But I guess if you were only carrying a sidearm you may want more but I just don't see that happening.

Besides if your missing that much that you need more than 5 clips I doubt a sixth clip or more is really going to help you much :D.

5. Critter498

Critter498 New Member

oooh bet I know the answer!!!

ok... I'm not part of the team or anything but I am presently in the army. Typically you carry only 2 magazines in each ammo pouch. and you would have one magazine loaded in your weapon. but the only thing about that is... you can actually carry 3 magaines in an ammo pounch... you just hafta stuff em in there... but that makes it tough to pull em out in a fire fight.
    Prolly wrong but oh well it was worth a shot

Proud sponsor of the "Bring the M60 to INF" campaign

6. Dogboy

Dogboy Adept

A standard issue consists of six magazines. The LBV or standard dual magazine pouches hold six. Of course, one would be in the weapon. If this is what you meant critter498, than I'm just plagerizing your post, and I should be shot. BTW critter498, interested in a military clan at all?

Come on, God. Answer me. For years I'm asking you why: Why are the innocent dead and the guilty alive? Where is justice, where is punishment? Or have you already answered. Have you already said to the world, here is justice, here is punishment. Here...in me...

7. Galaddin

Galaddin Forum Drifter

I think that the ammount of mags you can carry will be raised by 3.0.

The only thing that is better than cheap is free :D

8. Gryphon

Gryphon Active Member

The way we plan to work it is like this.

You'll be able to carry as many mags as you want. BUT, any more then the recommended limit (which will vary between ammo types and capacities) and the mag will incur an additional weight/bulk penalty above its normal figure. Thus you'll be able to load up with a dozen 75-round drums, but you're not going to be moving too fast and your stamina will fall like a lead weight whenever you do.

[​IMG]

9. Meshuggah

Meshuggah New Member

So you would be a effectivly a gun turret then!

I can still see how that would have advantages. Implemented in team play of course.

How about being able to stash ammo and guns somewhere...Like setting a bag down with the extra guns in it, so you can get them later if you run your current stuff out.

[​IMG]

10. I_ABuGa

I_ABuGa Vetran

hey yeah, I hear from some of my friends in the army pack about 240 rounds each. That's 25 round clips and 9 clips.

11. WebCell

WebCell New Member

Cheating?

Well, if you're after multiple clips and ammunition, find INF_Loadouts.ini in your UnrealTournament system folder. Open the file in notepad or another program, and delete EVERYTHING(IMPORTANT:remember to save a bacup file before editing the file!!) that you see( like [INF_Core.INFc_LoadoutConfig]
    ItemString[0]= and so on )
    and the cut and paste this:
    [INF_Core.INFc_LoadoutConfig]
    ItemString[0]=Spellbox//RC50-1,M16-1,KBAR-1,MP540-1,HK69-1,PSG-1,DE50-1,M92F-1,AKMSU-1,#MP5AIM-1,#M16203-1,#MP5SIL-1,*AKMSUM-99,*PSG-1*,*M92F-9,*DE50-9,*HK69-9,*MP540-9,*M16-9,*M20 3-9,*RC50-9,
    ItemString[1]=MP5 geek//+M67-2,KBAR-1,MP540-1,HK69-1,M92F-1,#MP5SIL-1,*M92F-3,*HK69-3,*MP540-3,
    ItemString[2]=
    ItemString[3]=
    ItemString[4]=
    ItemString[5]=
    ItemString[6]=
    ItemString[7]=
    ItemString[8]=
    ItemString[9]=
    ItemString[10]=
    ItemString[11]=
    ItemString[12]=
    ItemString[13]=
    ItemString[14]=
    ItemString[15]=
    ItemString[16]=
    ItemString[17]=
    ItemString[18]=
    ItemString[19]=
    ItemString[20]=
    ItemString[21]=
    ItemString[22]=
    ItemString[23]=
    ItemString[24]=
    ItemString[25]=
    ItemString[26]=
    ItemString[27]=
    ItemString[28]=
    ItemString[29]=
    ItemString[30]=
    ItemString[31]=
    NumConfigs=2
    PlayerLoadout=0

Then save. Now the loadout should be activated and operational.. Go ahead and try, but I'm no responsible for any damage. (It worked for me alright..)

Inf rocks, and that's a fact!

12. Col.Sanders

Col.Sanders New Member

Gryphon:
    I don't think I understood your reply.
    I am hoping you mean that there is a breaking point in the inventory system for all items, beyond which you get penalized heavily, but still can move-- not just a penalty for more-than-normal mags.

Unless you are modeling the need for additional web-gear for extra mags, but those are negligable in weight.

Because, 5+1 mags might be plenty for a SWAT team, but for a military fireteam, more is better. A quick survey over pizza of some people I know resulted in one Army grunt recalling a loadout of an M-16 and 2000 -- yes, two thousand -- rounds of ammo. 20 30-round clips + the rest on stripper clips. When the tough go into combat, the tough bring water and AMMO.

[This message was edited by Col.Sanders on Nov 27, 2000 at 15:57.]

13. Col.Sanders

Col.Sanders New Member

I just re-read the thread...

Thanks guys, but I know how to work the loadouts.

Mayhem:
    Great idea. I've been pushing for something like that for years.

14. Dupre

Dupre Code Pimp

I read an article somewhere about a U.S. machine gunner who had fired some 30,000 rounds during the battle in Somalia. I'm sure he didn't carry it all in, but at the same time, he must have hauled quite a few belts on his own.

15. Foxy

Foxy New Member

I believe that standard loadouts for SAW gunners are 600 rounds (200 rounds on the weapon, 400 on their web gear), along with an assistant gunner who totes along 600 or 800 more rounds.

The thing is, though (we had this discussion a bit ago on Hostile Intent's forums), you can carry an insane amount of ammunition on yourself with no degradation of movement.

Blackhawk sells leg holsters for extra AR-15 type magazines. You can carry 4 mags (120 rounds) on one leg alone. I'll assume your other leg is taken up by a drop-leg thigh holster, which itself can usually store at least the pistol and three or four extra magazines. Standard issue LBV's for military can hold 240 rounds, but I've seen some ballistic vests with integrated LBE that can hold up to something like 8 magazines, with spare room for flashbangs, grenades, and other necessary tools of the trade. I think the maximum loadout on just the LBV/Leg mag holster was something like 480 rounds. The great thing about LBV's is that since the weight is distributed close to your body, it doesn't slow you down very much, unless you get an extreme amount of weight.

I'll do tests on this ASAP.