Madness (afa2)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{Ghetto_Ghepetto}

I am #1 Asian big boob queen!
Jun 4, 2001
CA
An idea

Although I haven't had the honor of playing CTF on the AFA server, I have an idea. For instance, on Kosovo, which in my opinion would make a great CTF map, you could have the flag in the middle of each side (directly in-line with the middle bridge), BUT the team's spawns will be on BOTH sides of the flag (to the left and right corners of the map). I dunno...just an idea, but sounds interesting to me :D

Here's a diagram of what I'm talking about to make things more clear:
Birds-eye-view
| | | |
| | | |
| |_________________| |
|Red Flag Bridge over creek Blue Flag|
| __________________ |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
|Red team spawn | | Blue team spawn|
|____________________|_________________|__________________|

{Ghetto_Ghepetto}

Jun 4, 2001
CA
well...since that didn't work out too well I'll attempt a different approach:
Red team spawn---------------------------Blue team spawn

Red flag------------------Bridge---------------------Blue flag

Red team spawn-------------------------- Blue team spawn

Just disregard the --'s I couldn't find a way for the words to stay the way they look in the typing space :D

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
ok ya i guess this is new and lots of ironing out....
but i still think someone should inform me on how were going to play now... cause not being able to kill anyone that spawns makes it sooo hard
i say a temp solution would be to double the spawn time from what it isnow
then life is PRECIOUS and defending is important

quick respawning is not what inf was made for... it devalues life down to NOTHING

and i must suggest that dear GOD no that you can carry your own teams flag back to base... you know damn well they wont take it to base and they will hide in some random unsuspecing corner of the map that we will never find!

i think spawning.... would be best put like this:

a set number of reinforcements for the whole team say 20 for exxample (which could be changed of course) and then that 20 is divided equaly among all players on that team
(new joiners in the middle of matches would recieve about half the average of the rest of the teams reinforcements left)

ex. 4 players have 4 3 1 and 2 reinforcements left
thus anyone joining the game at this point would recieve 2 reinforcements

ok now to spawn

i think what we need is to get 2 guys within 10 meters of each other in an open area (you can check to see thers any collisions straight up from between them cant you?) and then this would act as holding an area for a helicopter dropoff

of course noone is gonna spend the time or effort to make a helicopter fly in and drop a ladder.... but then a ready to spawn individual can click in when his teammates say its clear

this eliminates spawn camping since if the 2 guys dont sniper sweep before they say its clear then they deserve to die from the sniper

then the only problem would be if only one or no people remain:

if thers only one left i think he should have to drop a smoke canister somewhere... in the open of course
this would be clearly visible if placed in a stupid place...
but dont they make quick dissipating smoke that will only reach maybe 8 feet in the air before it dissapears? so you could put it behind a building maybe and few would see it

if you could drop that somewhere that wont be seen very easily then they can spawn in there, with about a 30 second time delay between setting of the smoke and when they can spawn in

of course the first spawners would be best to take up defensive positions till the smoke clears so the rest can spawn

now the last situation is when everyone has died:
i cant think of anything realistic enough besides spawning anyone left alive at the edge of the map? or maybe the helicopter itself dropping a smoke signal with 100m of the flag and dropping the men off after at least a 45 second delay because they opposing team would have plenty of time to notice incoming reinforcements

which would mean if you HAPPEn to get down to one man then he better find a good spawn spot or your fuuuuuuked

although all of this i just depends on teamwork.. and wont hapen till its almost 100%
yuk

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
gheppeto thats a good idea for regular ctf.... but were playing with the random flag placement each map.. and hopefully in the future random flag placement each capture!
so we dont want predefined things....

BlAcK_PlAgUe22

I ooze.
Jul 30, 2001
Irvine, California
plague.vze.com
Originally posted by Puppeteer (Ghepetto)
well...since that didn't work out too well I'll attempt a different approach:
Red team spawn---------------------------Blue team spawn

Red flag------------------Bridge---------------------Blue flag

Red team spawn-------------------------- Blue team spawn

Just disregard the --'s I couldn't find a way for the words to stay the way they look in the typing space :D

Kosovo is already a CTF map, both flags are in bombed out buildings on the first floor. :)

{Ghetto_Ghepetto}

Jun 4, 2001
CA
FINE! I'll take my ideas elsewhere and start my OWN server with 24/7 Kosovo CTF Ghepetto style:p BTW, check out my even better idea by clicking HERE

Guardian_BOB

Glitch! BFG!
Aug 28, 2001
Mississauga,Ont.
www.mainframe.ca
To do CTF properly I think you have to look at a mod like Weapons Factory. They have:
Maps with protected respawn rooms and multiple exits making it harder to camp and easier to arrange an assault before heading out.
You can capture a flag even if yours is not there.
If the enemy flag runner is killed you can't return it, your flag lies where it is for 1 minute during which time you must defend it while the opposition tries to pick it up again. If it times out it returns to base. I remember some flag 'death' relays that were a lot of fun, and nothing better than defending your flag from an on-slaught when it's right outside their front door <<= note need mini-me now < :)
Extra points for: captures, defending the flag, defending the flag carrier, killing enemy flag carrier.

Slay ya later, Guardian_Bob.
PS Happy New Year ALL !

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
i cant beleive im the ONLY one that doesnt like it....

infinite respawning HELL

i loved realaim cause it made the game so real and fun
and the people that played it for some strange reason liked teamwork too
it was great

now the once only good server is turned into a place where frusteration and life is VALUED TO NOTHING because you infinitly respawn

what a dissapointment...
but what the hell am i talking about noone gives a **** they like it i guess

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
We can't have custom maps - we are trying to use existings. That would take too much work.

Increasing spawn times is NOT a good idea, and makes spawn camping more dangerous. You get killed, and you are out for three minutes, and what happens is whatever team wins the initial conflicts can spawncamp away.

Adding spawn invulerabilites is bad if spawns occur near the flag.

Spawning on the flag is plain dumb. They should at least be spread out.

Life is still precious ATM. You die, and you have to wait, and try to spawn. You often have to walk accross the map. Thats punishment enough.

My only solution is to spawn teams a good 30-100m Out of sight of thier flag, preferably. from the flag, and as far away from the enemy flag as possible. Add a bit of spread to it, and possibly a 5 second spawn protection then. That way the only malignant spawncampers have any reason to go back to that point, and it would probobly be suicide. Thats useable, and defenders can get beaten back from thier flag, so life is still valueable.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
Perhaps for the moment the server could just have the flags spawn randomly without RTS?

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Originally posted by Guardian_BOB

I've noticed ntkb is usually pissed at either his, the other or both teams every night for one reason or another, he seems to have a lot of pent up anger :D

Guardian_Bob.

Well my problem is I take my frustrations out in real life with an AK in the game ;) I try my best not to target anyone, but just recently I went to repair someones computer and I jacked up there modem. So I tried to reinstall drivers, did all sorts of other crap and nothing will fix the da,mn thing. I almost cried in frustration at this little electronic piece of rat sh<b></b>it!

Everyone who knows me knows if I complain about anything or bitch at someone its in good spirits. ;) Please people NEVER take me seriously! When I say im going to go play Railroad tycoon or Barbie corvette racer than you know im to the point where I need to back off or things will get serious.

Ive always had a short temper. Im half cuban and I get it from my dad and my grandpa. Like I said I just dont try to let it get personal ever. Thats when I stop becomming a bearable whiner and become an *******. :D

Sidewinder

Sep 11, 2001
Canada
Visit site
another thing....some people reconnect, which gives u insta spawn.
lame ****e.
one guy was doing it, we would take their flag, he would reconnect, trying to kill us as we exfiltrated, and accused us of spawn camping.
GEI:(

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
i get the feeling that after my semester grades get home i will be gone for a long, long time. :( I don't even want to be on this planet when those come in. So i'm probably not gonna be playing online anytime soon after i go back to school. Especially since i can't remember anything i learn so far this year.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
There. Got the damn mapplist to do something, its running normal AFA mapplist plus DM-CTF-Border. Ill weed out the bad ones (bullecourt) later. Gotta do stuff.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Hey yalls...

Wow. I go away for a weekend, and this happens. :)

Since that respawn part is all my fault :)D), I'm going to fix it ASAP. I played vanilla CTF +DropInINF the other day at the 4 DAY LAN PARTY!!! I went to, and they all loved it. Uh...anyhoo...

I'm going to go play a little bit, collect some input, and then try the things Jaeg suggested for the replication and the respawn HUD...then I'll Kick Khutan around and make him fix his HUD so it works with mine :D