1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Macs

Discussion in 'Other Stuff' started by GoldenMouse, Feb 4, 2005.

1. GoldenMouse

GoldenMouse Mad Hatter

I just read an article about Macs and PCs which reminded me of the constant fighting between the proponents of the two platforms. Ultimately the pros to each side boil down to as follows, PCs have more software by far and have freer selection of hardware whereas Macs are far more stable (no critical flaw of the week) and, as an OS, jjust as fleshed out as Windows is. So with the Mac hardware playing up to niche market and not the computer market as a whole, what is keeping Apple from releasing an x86 version of their OS to fight MS for market share?

2. OO7MIKE

OO7MIKE Mr. Sexy

Because the x86 platform is flawed and inferior. I say this because apple can easily convert to dual/quad processors on one chip with out too much of a hassle. Power PC chips can easly become cell processors. these are the likes that x86 has never seen, and will never catch up.

As far as processors go, x86 is outdated.