1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[MAC] Missing Ini Problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by AGhost, Jun 13, 2004.

1. AGhost

AGhost New Member

Hi Guys,
    I am new to this forum and to the Infiltration Mod. I just finished downloading it and installing it yesterday. When I tried it it launched but it gave me an error: "MisingIni: " . I have searched the forums and have not found a solution.

Before anyone asks, Yes I read the instructions and installed Patch 436 and the Preview X3.

So Anyone Got a Solution?

Thanks
    AGhost

2. Exar

Exar INForcer

"the Preview X3"? What is that?

Did you have a clean UT4.36 installation and installed the 2.9 setup file?

3. AGhost

AGhost New Member

Preview X3 is the carbon patch that is required to run UT on Mac OS X. It creates a new application file that you run UT from.

Also I did have a clean UT with 436 before I installed. Unless the fact that I tried playing it a few times on normal before modding it.

So PLEASE, Is there a way to fix this?

AGhost

4. AGhost

AGhost New Member

Well, I Have Found the Problem and fixed it.

For the record if you have multiple copies of the .app files on disk (like I did) it gets confused and uses the wrong one.

So if anyone else has this problem check your files to see if you have another copy of the UT OS X application

Sorry to cause a problem on my 1st time. Infiltration is a great game!

AGhost

5. AlmostAlive

AlmostAlive Active Member

You're not causing any problems. Problemsolving is what this forum is for :)

Welcome!

6. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

Hello fellow INFer/Mac user.

As a user of OSX, I must inform you that you will not get acceptable performance with the UTXp3 app. Your best bet is to run the game in OS9, until Ryan Gordon finishes the UTX port (who knows when).

Jeremy, the webmaster, runs it on a dual G5, and apparently, he doesn't have a problem with it. I have a dual G4 and I get terrible FPS...along the lines of like 5-15FPS. Haven't bothered re-installing OS9 and trying it there, just decided to give up on INF for OSX for now, and run it on my PC. So until the final carbonized port comes out, you should stick to OS9, or (if you have one) use your PC.

So unless I'm missing something....it runs like balls on OSX, since the app that runs it was never finished.

Welcome to the community. Enjoy the game.

7. Jackotopolus

Jackotopolus New Member

Hi - inf works fine for me in OS X.