1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MAC INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR 2.86

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by PorterINF, Sep 1, 2001.

1. Cold Killer

Cold Killer I will Kill Bill

Ok, everything is fine and good with first post in this thread except that the link to the missing files is broken. Can someone please tell me where I can get them?

2. PorterINF

PorterINF New Member

Those missing files might not be needed. Try it without them. I lost my webspace because Excite went out of business. I don't intend to invest any more time in trying to fix the 2.86 INF Mac version. Hopefully the team will do a thorough install for INF 2.87.

3. Cold Killer

Since I've downloaded 2.86, all I've been able to play are Deathmatch in UT maps.

4. PorterINF

PorterINF New Member

2/27/02 For a complete Mac install and troubleshooting go to this site made by clOsecall:
    Infiltration Mac FAQ
    He has spent his free time making an Infiltration site for Mac users. I hope all Mac INF players appreciate his efforts. Bookmark his site and visit it for Mac INF info.

Thanks,
    PorterINF

Cold Killer, you need to download and install the Infiltration.int from the link above.

clOsecall, your download doesn't have a capital "I" in the beginning, will this cause problems?

5. cl0secall

cl0secall bleh :P

If capitalization doesn't exactly match, I think it will give you a 404 error. Which download link were you talking about? I usually stick to lowercase only file names to avoid confusion.

6. PorterINF

PorterINF New Member

clOsecall

The missing Infiltration.int file download in the FAQ. I dl'd the one from your site and it doesn't have a capital "I". Haven't tested the file to see if it works.

7. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 New Member

I am having some trouble with my install so i wonder if you guys could help. I dl the full mac intall. I got 2 folders, one was infiltration that contained all the system,texture,map etc files, the other was called mac launchers and contained a couple files and 2 folders called old launcher and new launcher. I put the infiltration folder into my ut folder and same with the launcher folder. I keep either getting, an out of memory error or it just goes and runs reg ut when i use the new mac inf launcher. I tried editing the infiltration.int file like it said on the site but that didnt work. any ideas? (i was guessing it was just the launcher but i cant find anywhere to dl just a working mac launcher)

8. PorterINF

PorterINF New Member

Protoss72000, you said you put the launcher folder in the UT folder. You do have to take the launcher files out of the launcher folder and put them in the UT folder inorder for them to work.

9. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 New Member

Okay right now i have the infiltration folder(with system,textures etc) in my ut folder and i took all the files i had in the launchers folder and put them in the ut folder: infiltration.ini, infiltrationUser.ini, UBrowser.int and the infiltration - new launcher(all the files in the launcher folder) i clicked the launcher and got this:
    cant find Bool Property in
    file 'BoolProperty'
    INFAdds.INFUT_ADD_Decoration.bActive':

10. PorterINF

PorterINF New Member

Can you post links to where you are getting your Mac installer and launchers? You have some weird install stuff going on.

The UBrowser.int goes in the UT>System folder.

11. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 New Member

i dl it all off this site

12. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 New Member

Okay i figured out what it was i dl the file here: http://infiltration.sentrystudios.com/files/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=22
    in the main file you dl there is a thing called mac launchers i was using those to launch, when i actually needed to use the other dl called mac launcher from the above link, i have no idea what the launchers that came in the main file are for though other then confusion. thanks for the help though.

13. cl0secall

cl0secall bleh :P

I will see this weekend about uploading the installer that I made. Also, I emailed Warren (warren@sentrystudios.com) with some mac installer questions and didn't hear back. I dunno, maybe i had the wrong address?

14. Allenthar

Allenthar New Member

Hi,

OK, here's my status so far:

Downloaded Manual Zip for 2.86, and the three map packs #1 umod, #2 umod, #3 man.

Installed a fresh copy of UT:GOTY, and have installed all the Inf files as per the various instructions around here. UT will launch and run, but When running Inf through the alternate launcher, considering the original launcher refuses to use the correct UT application of my comp :( , I hit up against a can't find "WinDrv" error. I know it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but it was never answered. Any help would be appreciated, and if anyone knows the solution to this problem, I recommend putting it that very nice Mac FAQ that clOsecall has made.

Thanks,

Allenthar

15. Allenthar

Allenthar New Member

OK, not its gotten even more annoying, not only will inf not start, UT refuses to start too! It give me the error of

Failed to enter Entry: Can't find file for package 'Logo':

Gah! Somebody help me!

Allenthar

16. Cold Killer

Another problem... 9 out of ten servers have a different UTMenu, and I can't join! I've alternated between the UTMenu in the original install and the replacement one, but neither of them work! Help!

17. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator The Morbid One

My 2 problems

:minigun:
    #1: The FAMAS G2 isn't listed on my available equipment list. I'd like to try this guy out, and see if it's as good as my M-16/203

and, #2: I think this has been a problem accross the board, maybe I'm too tired, maybe i'm crazy. Anyway: The M2 .50cal Mounted machine guns make no sound at all when I fire them.

Thanks.:cool:

Note: Sorry. I'm running a 867mhz G4, GeForce3, 512 RAM. I'm using UT under 9.2.1 (no way in hell am I doing it under X). Pax

Last edited: Mar 9, 2002
  18. Jagdtiger

Jagdtiger [UMC]Shadow

A dozen pages of solved problems lost forever.........

19. 420Assassin

420Assassin New Member

all i get is UT?!

can Infiltration be run from OS X.2.6/9.2.2 ?

every time I launch Infiltration UT launches instead. I've tried all the differant launchers I could find, all without success.

I'm running OX 10.2/9.2

Infitration was working untill I upgraded to OS X...