1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MAC INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR 2.86

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by PorterINF, Sep 1, 2001.

1. Jackal<QSF>

Jackal<QSF> One of the last INF OG's!!!

If your running a mac thats is your problem. you ned to get a new UT mune.u file from a buddy who doesint get that eorror msg.

2. cl0secall

cl0secall bleh :P

what a total bust... in <a href="http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101321">another thread</a> I said I was going to try to port NSIS to the mac. It's going to take a while, (months), because of the amount of code I will have to familiarize myself with and rewrite.

In the meantime, I'm going to hack together my infiltration install and make an OS X package. This will make it easier to install infiltration if ya have OS X, but it will be no help if you only have OS 9.

3. FyreFly

FyreFly New Member

Your gonna kill yourself over making an INF installer that will work with OS X?? Have you even tried out the 'Beta' UT for OS X? They finally fixed the launching problems, and there are still a ton of other issues that are wrong with it.

Apparently the carbonized UT just plain sucks right now. I love OS X, but for now I'm just gonna boot in OS 9 to play UT/INF.

Fyre...

4. AccroC!

AccroC! New Member

???

How can i see the key page i didin't what key is!!!!!! how to fixe that!!! plz help me ... and i only have practice map and unr maps ..... there is no realistic map include in if??? i have a mac !!!:(

5. DeMachina

DeMachina gone

?

You need to d/l the map pack (here in download section ) for other realistic maps.

6. FyreFly

FyreFly New Member

Re: ???

Woah, Take a breath!!

I have no idea what you are talking about from that post! I'm assuming your trying to install INF for the first time, right?
    Well, I'm also assuming you downloaded the 'Manual Install' package for INF and the 'Mac Launcher'. After installing all that crap you have to download the 'Missing Files' package. Its posted on the forum somewhere, maybe even in this thread...

For the maps, you have to download the INF maps seperately, the post above has the link I believe, just download the 'Full Map Pack'

Fyre...

7. cl0secall

I was of the same skewl, but then I *did* try UT X preview 2 with Infiltration. When the voicepacks worked, I said the hell with UT for OS 9.

As for the installer thing, I have made a launcher pack for Infiltration, which you can get at my site's download page, and the installer *was* almost ready, 'cept for some bugs. I'm gonna start from scratch, which should only take a coupla hours.

8. AccroC!

AccroC! New Member

!

ok i have a idea just tell me what eatch cube do(like the first is shoot) tell me all!! it will be easer!!!!! :D
    thank

9. Jackal<QSF>

ohh ok
    you are missing the TEXT in the bind key window

well i dont know the order you just need to get the textures file and it should fix that.

10. cl0secall

damn... if you are missing the labels on the key bindings "page" in the Inf menu, that's because your Infiltration.ini is messed up. You need to fix that.

Go here to get instructions. edit: Look under "The Infiltration Launcher"

Last edited: Feb 15, 2002
  11. Rocko

Rocko the king of hipshots

When I try to launch INF it says "Unreal Tournament can't be run because it's not an application!". What am I doing wrong? :(

12. cl0secall

Here is a replacement Launcher. You might need to open it in Script Editor and do a "check syntax".

PorterINF is likely to also post with a link to another launcher. When I tried it it crashed my system, but you might have better luck.

edit: fixed link

13. FyreFly

FyreFly New Member

Well, I decieded to try out the second release of UT for X. The program STILL crashes at the load for me. I can't even read the error message. UT loads, then fades to black, then fades back to the finder with a blank error message and an 'OK' button on it... I dunno if its a memory error or what... I only have 256 RAM and my old iMac won't support anymore...

Fyre...

14. Jackal<QSF>

ya i always got a error message at the last part of the loading screen

it did it to me 3 times and then i just trashed the program.

UT osX is still very unstable. i would wait untill beta till i even start to think about using it

15. cl0secall

UT X Preview 2 ran without crashing for me, but the framerate was unacceptable (10-15 Average on Kosovo) Compared to UT in OS 9 (25fps Avg). Also the mouse input system is total crap in the OS X version. The main selling point on the X version is that the sound library doesn't suck.

I also tried UT X with TacOps and SF just to see the difference, both had perfectly acceptable framerates. I think the crappy framerates may have something to do with the lack of "optimizations" which probably means that they didn't get around to using the system OpenGL yet. I'll bet ATI cards get better performance right now.

My Specs:

G4/733
    384MB RAM
    GeForce3
    OS X 10.1.2
    OS 9.2.(2?)

16. Jackal<QSF>

well you aslo hasft to understand that SF and Tacopps are still mainly using the UT engin-skins-sound-physics so your more or less playing UT just with a slightly differnt toughch.

while INF hase almost completly changed the game so it requiers more because there is more in it.

it has nothing to do with optimiaztion.

17. cl0secall

While Infiltration does have alot more high quality skins, and models with higher poly counts, I doubt that the INF team completely re-wrote the graphics engine. That's part of the UT app code that costs $$$ to license.

18. BA Baracus

BA Baracus I pity the fool!

i don't know why i even bother trying this if your g4733/Gf3 gets 10-15fps in X(which is what my G3400/Radeon gets in 9) especially considering that the UT X readme says it won't support Rave, but i guess i'm just jones'in for my INF.

anyway, i downloaded the launcher(tried both of the ones you posted) and they keep uncompressing as generic 'document' files. script editor won't even open em - gave an error 'could not read the dictionary of the application or extension because of a program error' and the .script file is completely empty..

i decompressed the tgz file with stuffit and from the terminal incase stuffit was ****ing it up, well, tried from the terminal. gunzip wouldn't do it, even with -f

Code:
    [giantsofscience:~/downloads] cody% gunzip -f inf*
    gunzip: inf_launcher.tgz has more than one entry -- unchanged

no luck running it through tar either. i feel like i'm missing something blatantly obvious, but i have no more time to mess around as i'm off to work...

19. Neglous8

Neglous8 New Member

Crazy Brightness.

Hey all,

I've had INF working again thanks to PorterINF for a while now, under OS9. UTX messed me up with INF don't feel likegoing through that again. Although the UTX load time was extremely short, compared to the OS9 version I did like that, UTX ran fine for me other then some graphical glitches.

My proplem now is I was playing the Kosovo map and I noticed the map is really bright (The day version). I mean the sky isn't blue at all it's kind of a solid bright white, some of the buildings are bright white too, blending in to the sky. I noticed in a couple other maps they look a little bright too, some not sure if they are since I had never played them before. I've tried the brightness buttons and the INF Menu for brightness but nothing happens it looks exactly the same. Any ideas?

20. cl0secall

damn file prolly got corrupt. I'll check it out. I got a command-line zip program now, and that might be making corrupt zips.

EDIT: odd... I double checked *both* files (zip and tgz) from the website, and both unzipped fine... If you downloaded an attachment to the forums, get the launchers from here instead. Note that my Launchers are hard coded to look for an InfiltrationX.ini and InfiltrationUserX.ini instead of the usual INIs. This is so UT for OS 9 and X can each have their own set of INIs without having to swap all the time.