1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MAC INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR 2.86

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by PorterINF, Sep 1, 2001.

1. PorterINF

PorterINF New Member

How to Install INF on the Mac!

2/27/02 For a complete Mac install and troubleshooting go to this site made by clOsecall:
    Infiltration Mac FAQ
    He has spent his free time making an Infiltration site for Mac users. I hope all Mac INF players appreciate his efforts. Bookmark his site and visit it for Mac INF info.

Thanks,
    PorterINF

Last edited: Feb 27, 2002
  2. PorterINF

PorterINF New Member

Part 2

To make INF run smoothly you need to adjust the video settings:

Click the VID button.
    If you have an ATI card Change Video Driver to RAVE for Macintosh (INF will close and UT will launch, follow the instructions)

Experiment with other VID settings to get the best performance with your system.

To fix the bounding boxes showing on trees and slow framerate:
    While in INF press Command + F then go to the menu bar>Options>Advanced Options...>Rendering>Rave support and change Use32BitTextures to NO.

INF should now look and run better than ever!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2001
  3. PorterINF

PorterINF New Member

Part 3

???lls:

1- Now install the custom map files if you saved any earlier. I suggest putting them in the UT folders instead of the INF folders. If you have too many maps INF will take up more memory, run slower, and possible not launch.

2- Download the Infiltration Map Pack Full manual install . Manually place the Maps, Music, Sounds and Textures files in the appropriate folders in the Infiltration folder. There probably isn't a Sounds folder so just drag the whole folder in.

Guess what? Even the Infiltration Map Pack Full is missing files! The following files are missing:

Maps:
    AS-INF-Terrain.unr
    DM-INF-Kosovo.unr (the original version)
    DM-INF-Terrain.unr
    Entry.unr
    NBCRM.u
    NBDeco.u
    NBSpecials.u
    NBTeamGame.u

Sounds:
    mf.uax (one is included but it is the wrong file, you need THIS ONE to run DM-INF-ManorFarm)

Textures:
    INFLogo285.utx (not sure if this one is needed but it hasn't caused any problems).

To make things easy here's all the missing map files: Missing Files

Finally, go have fun! All that is left to do is set up your keys and preferences. I have to admit this new version plays amazingly well and is a complete blast. I really enjoy this game and want to see it succeed on the Mac. Please post your results here.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2001
  4. PorterINF

PorterINF New Member

Results?

This has fixed all problems for me. Has anybody else had any success? If so the Moderators should make it a sticky. Definitely would like to hear other Mac users experiences. It may not work for everybody.

5. dove

dove New Member

Cheers mate :),

Your solution finally worked for me, that Mac Installer version with the unlicensed! installer (lol) wasn`t quite worth the download, did it 2 times, what a mess ;).

Let me add how i installed the full map pack : All files were going into the appropriate folders in UT/Infiltration folder , ie .u/.ini/.int in (Inf folder`s) System, .unr in Maps and so on .

Installing 286 on a previous 285 version totally messed up the graphics after tweaking the infiltration.ini and using the old mac launcher to get it running at all. The game was unplayable then.

The manual is useless for mac users, to say the least.
    Once again, Inf 286 rocks! more than ever, but the mac version`s installation problems are silly. I´m sure no beta tester ever tried the installation on mac properly before the release .
    But now i got it running, and it`s running smooth even on my G3 400/ ATI Rage 128 Pro/ 512 mb.

Thanks again

dove

6. Jackal<QSF>

Jackal<QSF> One of the last INF OG's!!!

OMG porter how meny times are you gona copy off my posts

well at least you put them all in one post

7. PorterINF

PorterINF New Member

Jackal Grow Up!

:rolleyes:You really should try to get a clue. Show me your posts that I got my information from. Oh, you can't? THAT'S BECAUSE THEY DON'T EXIST! Here is your solution from this post: http://forums.planetunreal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80869&pagenumber=1
    The install I used didn't require 2.85. So as usual you make a fool of yourself and you're too self centered to see it. This isn't a compitition you idiot, this is about getting the right information out to the Mac community so we can all play this awesome game. Now go play with your Pokemon cards and stay off your Daddy's computer.

8. Imaginethat

Imaginethat whats that smell?

what?!?

What are you talking about Jackal<QSF>?

He's just helping people out and from what I've seen you've only posted once on installing and it didn't even make sense. The other guy in your post couldn't understand you either.

What the hell is your problem? At least some people here are posting on how to fix problems and all your doing is bitching about it and trying to take credit for it!

Get a life and for Gods sake get a spell checker or learn english a little. Your nickname fits you.

9. Jackal<QSF>

man you are a real Idiot porter

go read all the posts in the topic started by alpha 09

and you will clearly see all my post stateing the exact same things

aperently you need to brush up on your reading skills, or your short turm memory

and this is my comp and im 19 NOOB

and aperntly you know squat about macs

i have had plenty of people ICQ me. and i took them threw step by step to get there INF runing for them

10. Kisen_K

Kisen_K S&amp;M Airlines

11. Imaginethat

this must be some kind of joke

I read that post by alpha a bunch of times before this thread started and it DOES NOT clearly state how to install it and fix all the problems. most of them yes.

For some reason Jackyl thinks you have to have 2.85 installed as he stated on that thread "Install all the versions of INF 2.85 ". That IS NOT true and is just a waste of time! I did not see anywhere else a post by him or anyone else that was a concise way to install from the begining.

Thats not even the point, which some here seem not to understand. The point is, listen up now real close, whats the big deal about PorterINF posting in one place how he installed INF? Maybe it might help someone else out to play INF. I didnt know some people in the INF community had copyrighted their install method. I sure didn't think someone would be insecure and egotistical enough to feel threatened by someone elses post on this. Some of you here need to get a life or spend more time playing INF instead of turning this forum into a counter strike clone with kiddies bashing others for posting.

This is so lame that you are getting your panties in a bind over someone else's post that didnt involve you in the first place. Your only defense is name calling. That is so childish. Too bad you cant use all that time and energy towards something usefull around here instead. I guess thats part of that teen angst or puberty you are going through, its the only explanation for it unless your totally nuts. I cant understand why you are upset over a post that doesnt involve you. You must feel insecure and threatened some how about this.

12. PorterINF

PorterINF New Member

Part 4

This may be the most important part of the install. It worked great for me.

1-Click on Jackal<QSF>'s profile
    2-Click Add Jackal<QSF> to Your Ignore List
    Threads should now look like this:
    [​IMG]
    3-That's it! Now your install will be much easier! :D

13. dove

dove New Member

Well, i have been reading all the posts about installing INF on Mac very closely and all the help i needed i found in this thread and some more details here:

http://forums.planetunreal.com/showthread.php?threadid=81693

Also i very soon realized that Jacky boy is a total moron, i doubt he is actually having a mac, all the *solutions* he posted are plain dumb. Just ignore him, he is just messing around.:rolleyes:

14. Jackal<QSF>

welll hey say what you will

be insalting all that you want... i could care less.. you wana be in-maute thats fine go do it esle where like in a CS fourm

15. d_dogg

d_dogg Skilled

oh man... come on

How old are you guys? 12?

This game is incredible and you guys are dragging it down with childish talk.
    I thought these forums were for helping other players. I can't believe anyone cares who posted the information first. I can't believe I'm replying and wasting my time.

Thanks to all who have put important information here and not simple-minded waste.

Ok, Porter... Step 4 was kind of creative and funny I'll give you that.

16. Imaginethat

why bother posting then

if its so childish and a waste, then why post about it d_dogg. what porter and others are upset about is justified. There comes a time when you have to stand up for yourself and not let people bad mouth you all over the forums. How would you like it if you were looking for help or offering it and some loudmouth comes in a blasts you? you gonna sit back after 3 or 4 posts and take it? I for one am not 12, I am almost 3 times that age, but I dont have to put up with **** and never will. If its such a bother to you then stay out of the thread. I think porter and dove have a right to express their frustration here.

Have a good day and keep on trucking.

17. d_dogg

d_dogg Skilled

missunderstood

My reply was not directed at Porter or Dove.

Porter, your install instructions worked well for me. Thanks.

18. Imaginethat

sorry

d_dogg,

My apologies to you then. I missunderstood and stand corrected. Sorry about that. Hopefully no hard feelings?

19. d_dogg

d_dogg Skilled

no problem

no offense taken here.

20. Equus Pr8

Equus Pr8 New Member

smile smile, hug hug...

less bitch, more frag

:)

Equus-{Pr8}