M4A1Improvements Mutator

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Well, since Carpetsmokers original thread got lost in the 3rd great crash - and I got permission to continue his work here's the next version of the M4A1Improvements.

Basically it's the same as Carpetsmokers original version with a few glitches fixed and a rework of the backup iron sights. Although the sollution for the ACOGs backup irons I used is not as elegant as making a transparent rear sight, it should at least work for everyone - and who knows, perhaps we'll get a working transparent irons in a later version.

Notice that the "bakup irons" view hits higher with distance; this is a known issue, although if you have an ACOG you may also use the scope for distances of 100m+.

The main features 1.10 release:
-Recoil reduced to be better balanced with other Inf weapons.
-40mm HE and WS from original Inf used instead of INFMOD.
-M203 fireing sound from original Inf used.
-ACOG has backup irons - switch by pressing "ActivateAttachment" and "HoldBreath" at the same time.

Anyway, have fun and be sure to report back any bugs.
---------------------------------
Release 1.20 main features:

Bugfixes:
-Fixed (most) bulk problems.
-Fixed accidential replacement of Hk416 :)D).
-Fixed the "lost" 40mm nade.
-Fixed plain M4A1 not replaced problem.

New features/changes from 1.10
-40mm HE and WS now use a trajectory better reflecting the maximum range of the rounds.
-Removed safety switch at bring up/down weapon.
-Changed hip positions
-Changed aim positions for backup irons, carry handle and reflex.

As usual report back any bugs and espcially your thoughts on the changed features.

Attachments

• M4A1Improved_PublicRelease120.zip
    32.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
Just fyi, you forgot the bulk of your grenadelauncher (i think, because i can get 5 additional m9 magazines with improvement on with the same loadout than with improvement off and have the same stamina impact as before).

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Just fyi, you forgot the bulk of your grenadelauncher (i think, because i can get 5 additional m9 magazines with improvement on with the same loadout than with improvement off and have the same stamina impact as before).

Thanks for the feedback, sadly I was not able to reproduce this behavior - the bulk difference of a M4A1 with M203 between original and modified should be exactly 1, since the bulk in the loadout menu stated M203 bulk to be 4 and the original M4A1 used 5 bulk for the M203; I decided to go with the 4 bulk used in the loadout description - if this turns out to be less appropriate I might as well change it to 5 for both weapon and description.

What absolutely will have an effect would be using a M4 with Reflex and no M203 because it wrongly got the nade launcher bulk added even if no M203 was present - although this would not explain the behavior you described, since you mentioned the M203 was present.

I would kindly ask you to post or PM two things for me:
1.: The loadout string used (should be in the INF_Loadouts.ini in your UT\System directory. Looks something like this: "ItemString[26]=Test//M4A1-1,#M4A1RX-1,*M4A1-1,M92F-1,*M92F-8,IMODNV-1,BOONIE-1,BALACBL-1,AVL3A-1,"

2.: The mutators you use (once again I'd prefer to have the string from the infiltration.ini if possible).

Thanks again for the feedback and please be so kind to privode me with further informations. Note that I did quite some testing of the bulk values before release - although I know that is usually no guarantee that no bugs are present.

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
This is a good mutator, and very welcome, especially since i missed Carpets original release. Gave me shock though when i noticed that it used a different name in the Weapon Priorities list. I had to spend 15mins copying all the possible M4a1 combinations, then adjust them to have CS_Weapon instead of the standard INF_, then go though and re-number everything in the WPList mutie. BUt it's well worth it, i can now run around with an ACOG and M203 fitted for a Jack-of-all-trades loadout.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Gave me shock though when i noticed that it used a different name in the Weapon Priorities list. I had to spend 15mins copying all the possible M4a1 combinations, then adjust them to have CS_Weapon instead of the standard INF_..

The original release already had the class names that way, the only difference is, that the original release had the CS_Weapon as Extend of the M4A1 and now the CS_Weapon is an own class that is an Extend from INFc_Weapon. This was necessary to overcome some problems, the most important being the load order dependency.

Carpetsmoker

Nexus-6
Jan 20, 2008
Netherlands
arp242.net
There was never an original release, this must be why you "missed" it, I only posted a beta/RFC version at the coop forums.

You could have just used an editor with a search and replace function ... Or better, you could have used sed ... Do you really think I replaced all the class names manually ...?

Renaming the files was necessary, you can't have two classes with the same name, and UE doesn't support namespaces ... Prefixing everything with CS_ (Which is, as you may have guessed, an acronym for CarpetSmoker) is something of a poor man's namespace...
I added the Weapon because this makes more sense for file sorting IMO.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Which is, as you may have guessed, an acronym for CarpetSmoker..

Man, and I thought that stood for CounterStrike..

..just kidding, although it may be probably better to not pull of such jokes here :D

Also didn't you put the mutie up here too before the third great crash? I was pretty sure I remembered a thread about it here - granted, that was a few liters of whisky before, so my memory may not be what it once wasn't.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
So, you guys need some betatest or feedback? (How it´s going to be? if it´s not a mutator, we will replace the .u, .int,.utx from the older/original packages? Isn´t it going to cause mismatches???)

http://infiltration.forum.cerberon.net/viewtopic.php?t=32

Has just been released! It´s a INF mini-mod, so you can only play it in servers using this package... It´s going to be hard to switch to servers using the "old" blurry textures after playing with this beauties! XD

Last edited:

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
It's been a bit quiet around my work - primarily due to my old lappies death, but it seems I'm back to work a bit on Inf again, so here's version 1.20 of the M4 improvements mutator - well, actually it's not here but up in the first post..

I guess the main changes might cause a bit of controversy - I'm especially curious how you guys take the changed aim and hip view; it was first suggested by Psychomorph at the COOP forums and I think they improve the visuals quite a bit. Of course it's a "first try" right now, so I'm open to suggestions - including the one to change it all back to the way it was, or perhaps making it selectable (if possible).

Awaiting your feedback..

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
As requested by snakeye, let us bring to this thread the Magcheck function debate...

I say it is usefull (i use it a lot offline and coop) and if it ins´t a pain in da arse to implement in all custom weapons, I suggest to include this feature to them (the magcheck could be embebed in the weapon code, so there´s no need to have the MgC mutator on)

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Just a short sitrep after doing some experiments with the Beretta 96/98 mutator: As it seems the probably best way to add MagCheck functionality IMO is to look if the magcheck mutator is present (I tried in weapon class PostBeginPlay() and it seems to work), set a variable accordingly, which then allows the MagCheck functions. It's pretty easy stuff (already have the 98 done for tests) and unless I find some serious issue with this way of implementation I'll add it to all MY mutators that add weapons (I won't do a MagCheck for all other custom weapons - unless I get seriously bored and since holidays are over and "Stalker: Clear Sky" release is imminent I wouldn't bet on that).

The reason why I personally think this is better and easier than just add it permanently is for one that it remains user selectable (if you don't like it you don't have it forced on you) plus MagCheck uses a niftly little class for the HUD message, which otherwise would have to be copied&renamed (I doubt having two times the same class name is a good idea) for every mutator package; checking for MagCheck presence allows the use of the message class from the MagCheck package.