1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

M-4 Carbine Attachments

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by striderteen, Jul 31, 2001.

1. striderteen

striderteen New Member

I brought this up before, and someone said it makes the M-4 too powerful, but what about the MasterKey system?

It's a Remington 870P shotgun with three rounds and a shortened 10-inch barrel, mounts like the M-203. Range is 5 yards effective / 20 meters maximum, weight is 5.75 pounds.

2. Kisen_K

Kisen_K S&M Airlines

I'd take that one over a M203 anyday.

3. [121st]Burton

[121st]Burton full-auto SIG abuser

I think you found the ultimate "whore weapon" :D

4. the vrrc

the vrrc noexistant user

Hey, add this in! Then all those poor people won't have to carry with them the M16 and Shotgun at the same time! Yeah, come on! :)

That thing is cool, though, but like I "said" above, you'd be giving those insta-proner, M16+P90+Robar+DE+Shotgun users just what they want.

EDIT: Although, this could be put in once INF gets too real for all those aforementioned rambos/insta-proners to play and all that is left is people who would use it realistically.

My opinion on this is...: Add it in!
    -No, don't! It will be abused really bad!
    -But it would be very realistic! And you couldn't use an M203 at the same time!
    -Yeah, but then everyone will use it because it is two weapons in one!
    Uh..... come back to me on this one.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2001
  5. striderteen

striderteen New Member

Ah, but they can't use the M203 then. The shotty's only good up close, pump only, three rounds only. The reload is fairly clumsy, as evidenced by a total stated fire rate of only 3 rounds per minute.

The commandos love it -- it's similar to the jury-rig shotgun/AR-15 combos they used to use, only purpose-designed.

6. c+k|nEVeRmOre

c+k|nEVeRmOre ~A.K.A. wesley_sniper~

At an ROF of 3 RPM and a clumbsy reload, I think it would be a fairly balanced weapon. I also think it could come in very handy if you run out of ammo for you M16 and need to switch to the attachment to keep from having your a$$ handed to you :D

7. OpFor

OpFor Feeling suicide, thats O.K.

YA, how about only 5 shells you can take for it in total too, that would be just enough to get your ass out of a bad position.

I hope the INF team leaves out the M203 with the M-4, and implements this. I think we should have a smaller shell shot shell to go with it too [IE: instead of 9 pellets, have 5 pellets]

8. striderteen

striderteen New Member

IRL, it's used because it's FAR more versatile than the M203 -- loads buckshot, flechette, Flexible Baton 12, CS gas, etc.

I'd say six rounds.

9. striderteen

striderteen New Member

Oh, and the M-4 was specifically designed to be able to take the M-203 (IIRC, the older AR-15 couldn't). So no fair taking it off.

10. Gholam

Gholam Sergeant (Reserve), IDF

AR-15 couldn't mount M203? How? Did it have different handguards?

11. OpFor

OpFor Feeling suicide, thats O.K.

I relly do think the team shold leave the M203 out of the M-4, for gameplay reasons I mean. How would you want some dude carrying an M-4 with a nade launcher, laser, scope, silencer, etc.. The M-4 would be the ULTAMITE whore weapon EVER.

12. Gholam

Gholam Sergeant (Reserve), IDF

Grenade launcher and LAM are physically exclusive, grenade launcher and scope are nearly as bad, and SUPPRESSOR :D doesn't do much for a gun with muzzle velocity of ~950m/s.

13. striderteen

striderteen New Member

First off, I made a typo. I meant the CAR-15 and the Colt Commando, not the AR-15 -- i.e. the two earlier carbine versions of the M-16. Both are incapable of using the M203 because of their shortened 11.5-inch barrels.

The M4 uses a less drastically shortened, 14.5-inch barrel which gives it better range and the ability to fit the -203. The barrel on the M4 is also more heavily built to make it more rugged and sports an improved foregrip with a double heatshield.

14. poaw

poaw You used to sleep easy at night.

15. ramon

ramon Junior Member

when has the robar become a whore weapon?

16. striderteen

striderteen New Member

When you carry it and every other gun in creation at once.:D

17. ramon

ramon Junior Member

so, by default, im aa whore player, because you always has a knife! i use a Robar and an mp5, and i do not consider miself a whore player (and nobody told me so). dunno, call a loadout like mine a whore loadout... maybe is becoz of the extremely and incredibly and amusing rate of fire of the robar, just too umbalancing :rolleyes:

18. ecale3

ecale3 Sniper - May be harmful to your health.

that would be really cool. personally i would prefer the suppressor and the LAM and the scope, but the MasterKey system would be great for CQB.

19. striderteen

striderteen New Member

Knight Industries sells them for $1,899.00; they fit on a rail adapter system and so can also be used on HK weapons.

20. striderteen

striderteen New Member

No, no, that's a realistic load. That's what I use myself. I mean when they carry five or six weapons (and the knife doesn't really count). Like DesEagle + fully tricked out MP5 + fully tricked out M-16 + Robar.