1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lunar Eclipse

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by N1ghtmare, Feb 20, 2008.

1. N1ghtmare

N1ghtmare Sweet Dreams

Its happening right now, and I can see it pretty good from where I'm at (East Coast US). I don't have a camera worth taking pictures for though. If anyone is in the region and wants to see it, do it now!

2. Twisted Metal

Twisted Metal Anfractuous Aluminum

I'm on East Coast too. Looks pretty dull and boring to me, maybe I gotta wait until after 10 PM? I'm gonna whip out the telescope.

3. N1ghtmare

N1ghtmare Sweet Dreams

From where I am I got a great view. Right now its in full eclipse.

4. Twisted Metal

Ok I don't get what the big deal is. It was just a tiny moon with a shadow over it. There are some days where the moon is HUGE, bright and orange. And that is much more impressive than this garbage.

5. togmkn

togmkn tog-em-kay-en

Too cloudy here, like they said it would be. :(

6. N1ghtmare

N1ghtmare Sweet Dreams

The one I saw was somewhat orange.

7. SlayerDragon

SlayerDragon LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES

It's cloudy :(

8. pine

pine Official Photography Thread Appreciator

Great view here in western WA, since it was right as the moon was coming up and looked huge, sitting there all orange and low in the sky.

It's already clearing up but I'm glad I got to see this one - best eclipse I've seen so far.

9. SleepyHe4d

SleepyHe4d fap fap fap

I agree. :\

10. pine

pine Official Photography Thread Appreciator

I thought it looked the best when there was just a sliver of light remaining and the rest of the moon darkened.

Seriously though, it's a big deal because it only happens once in a great while and it means the sun, the earth, and the moon are precisely aligned. Pretty cool if you ask me. If you're looking for amazing visuals, fire up some DM-Deimos in UT3 and stop complaining about how the real world doesn't live up to your expectations.

11. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

Lots of spotty clouds here in RVA, but I got to see the moon at its most shadowed ~10:50 through binoculars. Purty kewl. :)

My hands are f**king numb and my neck hurts and I can hardly type this out because my fingers aren't bending properly, but it was worth it.

12. Twisted Metal

I read a newspaper article telling me to break all plans and dates for February 20th, because this would be quite spectacular. They made it out to be better than sex, so excuse me if I was disappointed. :rolleyes:

13. SleepyHe4d

SleepyHe4d fap fap fap

No wonder you think it looks good, you're freakin blind, you think a game compares to the real world. :p

14. Angel_Mapper

Angel_Mapper Goooooooats

Christ you people are downers.

I really wish I knew how to use my camera in low light, the two pics I got are probably blurry as hell. :(

15. BillyBadAss

BillyBadAss Strong Cock of The North

I need a DSLR camera.:( This was the best I could do with my Powershot G6.

[SCREENSHOT]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2080/2280331235_e93f38ef5e_b.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

16. Capt.Toilet

Capt.Toilet Good news everyone!

I didnt even know there was one till my roomate left me a voicemail saying "The moon is gone"

17. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

Hmm. I didn't see any redness. Maybe before the shadow really got dark and covered the whole it thing it was kind of a very desaturated orange. Maybe. I wanted it to be blood red, to be honest, but it was still neat.

18. OO7MIKE

OO7MIKE Mr. Sexy

I've got one, and trust me it didnt help the last time we had a lunar eclipse.

I had a 500mm lens with a 2x converter and that still wasnt enough to fill even 1/3 my frame. Lenses in this range are much too expensive for myself to invest in since nobody pays for lunar shots. Even if your lucky, it still wont be enough to make even the first payment on your $8k lens! Telescope anyone?

Tis better to experience with your own eyes :)

19. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

Yeah yeah... my roomate and I ran outside for about 10 minutes to gaze.

It's cool looking, sure. But I've seen it before, this year it wasn't too spectacular. We had perfectly clear skies but it seemed very small this time around, I guess the rock was closer a few years back.

Personally I found the visibility of the stars around it much more intriguing.

20. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

One of the "stars" right next to the moon was Saturn, by the way. :p