1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

lowering the node count

Discussion in 'Level Editing - Basic' started by tdwkillgasm, Feb 24, 2004.

1. tdwkillgasm

tdwkillgasm [[Iillegal userR]]]

hey hey,

i have a problem with the map im working on, i have added a number of brushes in one [the biggest] room, i did the usual 'stat fps' to check that i hadn't gone into a massive poly/node count, the poly count is on average below 100, but the node count is over 200! im guessin this will really slow bad machines down when i add more detail to the map, but what are nodes? and how do i lower them??? :eek:

i read about using semi-solid brushes to lower it, but i dont even know what they are

neways, plz help ;)

cya

Last edited: Feb 24, 2004
  2. digital-warrior

digital-warrior Awake...

3. tdwkillgasm

tdwkillgasm [[Iillegal userR]]]

ahhh much appreciated ;)