1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lost Secrets of Na Pali (Total Conversion)

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by FXD|Shadow, Feb 11, 2006.

1. FXD|Shadow

FXD|Shadow Mad Man, really

hehe thx^^
    but why didn't you expect it ? I mean there was a time where we only were 4 in the team, but now everythings seems fine^^

yay we'll continue posting stuff of course, also the homepage will get a new look , new infos will come up and so on..

2. Predcaliber

Predcaliber One Day I'l Beat Lauke

Because I think a lot of mod teams are just enthousiastic and want too much in a mod, and because it doesnt really work out, their progress slowly bleeds to death, and the mod become's cancelled.

I was surprised (in a positive way) that you posted updates and screenshots from new work.

I very respect that you guys are making this mod, and I really believe we are getting the content that you promised.

Keep it up! :) :tup:

3. FXD|Shadow

thank you very much ;)
    the basic thing is to get the so called "red line" or "red thread" (hope you know this idiom) and then pull togther on this line and not gonna loose it and also cheering up the members, managing them and all that stuff^^
    we really try to show new stuff without longer periods of silence

4. timmypowergamer

timmypowergamer New Member

I must say those screenshots look fantastic. ANd the fact that you have done all of this using only Uscript is incredible.

One of the things that piqued my interest was the MP3 and OGG support. I knew that UT and the Galaxy sound system already support MP3s, but I didnt think it were possible to use it as level music in UT99 without making some sort of custom .dll to import it into unrealed. So im curious how you plan to do it, and also if I would be allowed to port it over to my mod (Team MonsterHunt)

The new graphical improvements are incredible too, and i cant way to see them in action. Good luck with this and keep at it!

5. Neon_Dragon

Neon_Dragon Proud Download Addict

This looks so Uber it actually scares me just a little bit.

6. FXD|Shadow

timmypowergamer, not everything in uc, that would be nearly impossible, let me show the differences =)

C++ is:
    - mp3/ogg support and dolby digital
    - bloom and radial blur
    - distance fog

UC is:
    - small physic enhancements (not that spectacular..)
    - sprite beams (draws light beams similar to Unreal2 or Half Life2)
    - emitters (no description required)
    - lensflares and dynamic coronas (coronas are movable, triggerable can change color and so on || the "famous" lensflares will make also their appearence in cut-scences)
    - trees&foliage (bushes, trees etc.)
    - skin illumination fx (weapon, deco and creature overlayers for example with detail textures, hit effects, glowing eyes)
    - advanced decals/projectors (decals that can dynamicly moved, scaled, rotated, revolutated, blink, flicker and so on)
    - Level Memory System (a system that stores automaticly actual state of map when you change a level, if you return everything has stayed like the moment you left it)

The ability of having high-res texes is not our work for example and footstep sounds/material relative events are just a standard.

To the music support:
    The OpenAL/FMod dlls load and play the new formats "not" UT itself, you put teh file in the music directory and enter the name in the player-actor.

Everyone will be allowed to use all stuff made by us for own fresh new UT99 mods, as long as you have our permission and I see there no reason to put that **** behind closed doors once we released^^

and also thx to all who already showed interested by posting and commenting here

Last edited: Apr 16, 2006
  7. timmypowergamer

Oh, ok, i misunderstood then.

Nevertheless, still very impressive work.

8. FXD|Shadow

hm it's maybe a bit confusing I agree, I should write in the moddb profile which is which..
    oh I have nearly forgotten something, we've again new pic material, but today I'm too lazy at all to show it ^^

9. Wulff

Wulff Bola Gun fun anyone?

Laziness is the bane of excistence, remember what Thomas Jefferson said, “Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.”

Yes, so there, show us. >_>

10. FXD|Shadow

argh you got me dude..^^
    k here are some:

2 screenies of FXD|Creavion's map (ignore teh old hud..):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nali Harbour Town Concept:
    [​IMG]

shamans Woodplants:
    [​IMG]

Humanbase by me (not yet finished):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  11. Wulff

See, everybody happy, though the pictures are a bit small... >_>

12. timmypowergamer

True. But what about "Hard work pays off later, but lazyness pays off NOW" ;)

lol, im j/k. nice looking shots there. I especially like that concept drawing, looks very professional. Who drew it?

13. FXD|Shadow

small ?
    640x408 and 1024x768 isn't that small ? don't know which big monitor you have if you think thats "small" ^^

The concept is inspired by a book, drawn by me.
    I'm also drawing creature concepts, weapon concepts.. eh everything concepts xD

14. Wulff

1280 x 800 is what my screen is set at, UT runs at that same size, call me spoiled.

15. FXD|Shadow

1280x800 and 1024x768 is a big difference, shall I make screenshots in a size of 320x240 ? o_O
    I don't really understand you, 1024x768 is ok and normal size
    BUT.. let's stay at the main topic, LSoNP.

16. Wulff

1024 x 768, isn't that big a difference no, but, I like seeing stuff in detail, the bigger the size, the more I can see, simple as that. Don't misjudge me on that.

17. FXD|Shadow

ya ok I understand you, but my monitor is only 14.1" in Size, so max. is 1024x768, I could enlarge them but they would look a bit blury then

18. Derdak2rot

Derdak2rot DVD2r

this nali harbour concept is definetly interesting :)

hope the mappers manage to give hime life ;)

nice screens btw

19. FXD|Shadow

thx derdak!
    I think they will, I'm also taking part of mapping some for that town, the harbour part is for me, the main town, the forest area, and the pre- usm outpost are for fxd|the3doom,shaman and fxd|creavion.

20. Vatcilli zeitchef

Vatcilli zeitchef Dead and back

Looking great :)

Really hope you will finish it some day ;)