1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Looks like RA is going to be needed in 2.87

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by NTKB, Jan 19, 2002.

1. NTKB

NTKB Banned

Sad but true.... have a look. :rolleyes:

2. OpFor

OpFor Feeling suicide, thats O.K.

Meh, as long as it doesn't go beyond that. He is only carrying 1 pistol extra, and that isn't too bad. Lets wait and see, shall we?

3. DooMfreak

DooMfreak New Member

I would say that it is reasonable for a sniper to take the MP5A3 until a lighter submachine gun is available. A true sniper only takes a rifle however.

What does this have to do with RealAim???

4. {GD}Ghost

{GD}Ghost Counter Terrorist Operative

Rather than waste my time go tell ya, why don't you go to Project Infiltration and find out if you really want to know.:D

5. Kuroshio Apocal

Kuroshio Apocal Sucka Free

RA restricts you to one primary (longarm) and one secondary (sidearm),

6. erehwoN

erehwoN The Bass Ackwards BTL

Expect RA to appear for 2.87 in one form or another.

7. NTKB

NTKB Banned

Ghost that link is deader than a sniper with an MP5. Gad I hate how someone can rationalize a RC50 and an MP5. Then maybe you can call them a regular soldier with a sniper rifle? Why call them a sniper with a submachine gun? Most major militarys do not outfit there snipers with MP5s. What I do in AFA if im playing teamwork with a friend ill arm myself with a good assault rifle or submachine gun and buddy up and spot for him while he snipes. Thats the way I think is more effective.

8. })FA|Snake

})FA|Snake New Member

they can actually carry it as shown by the model, I don't mind as long as they have disadvantages, let the fools run around like that

9. DooMfreak

DooMfreak New Member

Hmmph... I am out of my league, must be an online thing.

10. {GD}Ghost

{GD}Ghost Counter Terrorist Operative

I'm guessing that the optimal firing position for a sniper is prone. Carrying a weapon slung frontside would only impede and interfere with the necessary movement and positions required of a sniper.

11. DallasStarsRule

DallasStarsRule making personal insults since 1999

What they need is the ability to rest your sniper rifle on a window or something.

12. Prowler

Prowler "Building Better Worlds"

I wont mind if someone carrys that much weapons, aslong as they make it so you can hear them coming. :D

13. spm1138

spm1138 Irony Is

The Team have to do what they see fit with 2.87. They are making plenty of concessions to "our" way of playing. I actually like the new slung weapon position. It indicates that there will be tactical slings or something similar. I'd assume there would be some penalty for using a weapon in the shoulder spot.

I have seen various arguments against 1 primary only for Inf and I can see most of them.

Heck, so long as 1 primary in RA keeps going, I couldn't care less...

14. Infguy98

Infguy98 New Member

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  15. fist_mlrs

fist_mlrs that other guy

ever thought of the possibility that this guy has that many weapons just because they want to show the new playerattachment in action? the weapon at his leg is the knife btw, i neither consider it a primary nor a secondary weapon but a tool, and it isn't unrealistic to cary one along your "real" weapons

16. Doyve the Royve

Doyve the Royve Quite simply the best Royve around!

Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you should be able to for the sake of realism. Why don't they add the option of carrying a tent and pegs and a mallet and you can pitch your tent when you find suitable ground? You could do it, but that doesn't mean you should be able to do it in the game.

17. Harry_C

Harry_C Getting old ... and drunk

Apart from the multiple weapons stuff ...
    The blade length of the Ka Bar measure 175 mm
    So the knife itself should be 25 cm long (10 in ?)
    But the weapon on the leg seems, to me ,much bigger.

18. .Nova.

.Nova. Hate

People are just way to stuck up about this... There's obviuosly two thoughts on how the loadout should be done.
    Now, I play RA, and I don't mind the 1 sidearm and one primary thing, because I never use more. But if someone wants to carry all the weapons in the loadout, fine. Just as long as they have their disadvantages, which I'm pretty sure the INF team will solve over time just perfectly. So just let people play the way they want and don't bitch so much. The INF team will make it right. :)

19. RAZZ

RAZZ aka FURY13RT

the robar/mp5/pistol loadout is a standard one from 2.86
    I doubt that in making version upgrades, they'll want to change the basic system weve all grown to like (faults and all)

I agree with the "no gun ban" side of this.
    you should be allowed to take whatever your heart desires, in any number you feel like ;)

BUT! that decision should come with a level of responsobility and a heavy price tag.
    much like the current ra, (example) you can take two grenade launchers, but you'll have a hard time putting them into use since your walking everywhere.

a sniper who cant put some speed on, isint much use on the inf battlefield.

20. Doyve the Royve

Doyve the Royve Quite simply the best Royve around!

My preferred weapon as you mite guess is PSG-1, but it annoys me not just with the zoom and lack of realistic stopping power, but the cost means all I can't take an SMG for backup, and it's difficult to get some to cover you all the time. I hope the robar is balanced vs PSG-1 in 2.87...