1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UE3 - General Looking to work on a map/mod, 3D modeller/texture artist

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Asura, May 6, 2008.

1. Asura

Asura New Member

Currently I'm working on portfolio stuff as I apply for 3D modeller/texture artist jobs. Many of the jobs I've applied to though have yielded replies stating that, whilst they like my portfolio, they're dissatisfied that nothing in it is actually playable.

As a result, I want to work on a mapping/modding project that will allow me to have something playable on my 'folio. I'm currently working on a map as we speak to familiarise myself with Unreal3, but in new the generation of Unreal, it takes a long time to produce something of Epic quality on your own (and obviously if you worked for Epic, you wouldn't make a map on your own anyway).

I'd prefer a mapping project, as I want something not-so-ambitious - I'm more interested in having something finished; there's nothing wrong with big ambitious projects but it isn't what I need right now. I'm not so bothered about design; I can help out with it, but I could also just produce static meshes from sketches given.

The only real requirement is that for the map I'd be working on, the aim needs to be to create something that looks as good as something already in UT3; a lofty goal perhaps, but if the job's going to be done...

I can produce static meshes with textures in 3DS MAX; I'm also warming up to the U3 material editor (as it's similar to XSI's, which I've used).

Just to give an idea of the stuff I can do, I have my portfolio at:

http://asura.stantoworld.co.uk

Please get in touch if you have something I could work on.

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  2. CPTStewart

CPTStewart New Member

Well I've discussed it with one of the other members on my team and we'd love to have some time to chat with you Asura. If you'd like to get a hold of me my msn is "gos.cpt.stewart@gmail.com" and my AIM is "OddManOut Dan". Also, if you'd like to email me send it to "dan AT oddmanoutstudios DOT net"

We look forward to talking to you and hopefully having you become a part of our team!

- Dan "CPT Stewart"
    - Odd Man Out Studios

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  3. Asura

Asura New Member

Hi all. I turned away some mod opportunities lately to work on a project that has sadly fell through. I'm available again for feasible projects; please PM me if you want to discuss a mod opportunity and I'll consider it.

4. Leonardo

Leonardo Old fart on top the mountain.....

You still avlib ? Or have you signed on with a project as of yet?

5. Asura

Asura New Member

Sadly no. I've decided to start work on my own project as lead. I'll be posting here about it when there's a bit more work to show.

6. Forgetful

Forgetful Here is party?

I'm all ears.

7. Jetfire

Jetfire New Member

How do you eat? o_O

:p