1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Looking for UTX -> TGA converter

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by detourne_me, Feb 16, 2006.

1. detourne_me

detourne_me New Member

Hi Everyone.

I'm looking for a program that will convert from UTX to TGA, I've seen posts about a program called UTexExt but i cant seem to find it.
    Thanks.

2. ImaCarrot

ImaCarrot Professional Level Designer

Why don't you just right-click the texture in UED and export it out that way? If it's a compressed texture, it will export out as a .DDS file, which can be read by Photoshop with a plugin. If you don't have Photoshop, I'm sure you'll have an easier time finding a .DDS to .TGA converter.

Carrot

3. brunomartelli

brunomartelli New Member

open the texture window view the texture at 100% - then hit print screen, paste in graphic program

4. chip

chip New Member

UTX is not a graphic file format, it's an Unreal package containing graphics data for textures -- doubt you'd find an exporter that would batch-convert the contents to targa or any other graphics file.

5. stevenhorton

stevenhorton Not of this World