1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LOOKING FOR MOD GROUP TO HELP IN VARIOUS FIELDS :o)

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by mashinboo, Apr 15, 2006.

1. mashinboo

mashinboo New Member

LOOKING FOR MOD GROUP TO PARTICIPATE IN :eek:)

Hi i'm josh, experienced in all the main disiciplines in game content creation, just got some fresh set of spare time and i wanted to spend it on something worth while. looking for any mod groups to give a helping hand were applicable. you can visit my site and see what i got avaliable. if you would like to see the last tech demo level that i did in unreal 2004 just send me a holla and i'll get a screenshot pack ready for you to see. its not in the site yet becuase i just recently finished a large portion of it. well hope to be of some use to someone :lol: have fun !!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2006
  2. daschewy

daschewy New Member

whats up man? Can you do character animations or do character modelling? Right now at Burning Sands we are looking for people that can do either one of those or both.

Here's our main page:

http://www.burningsands.org/index.php

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  3. mashinboo

mashinboo New Member

im sorry i forgot to put a link to my website, there you can see the majority of things that i can do and get a better understanding of what i can offer.

http://www.pixel-illusion.net/

Once again sorry for the confusion if any hope this helps people to know me better have a great day.

have fun
    josh

4. mashinboo

mashinboo New Member

Here are some sample screenshots of the last Tech demo level I made. The task for this space was to create an interior space ie: small room with all custom meshes,unreal scripts animations etc... the time frame given was 11 weeks i got alil ambitious and created a large church, problems quickly occured but ie:architecture etc.. but thankfully i was able to create everything within the allocated time. The level was completed 1 week ahead of schedule. I hope viewers enjoy it and criticism is always welcomed its the only way one can imporve themselves :)

NOTE If shots are too dark please let me know i've been expereicing a color profile issue between my two monitors and might not reflect the actual shot. thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2006
  5. daschewy

daschewy New Member

that looks nice man, very good job.

6. mashinboo

mashinboo New Member

Thanks for the complement daschewy really appreciate it :O)

7. daschewy

daschewy New Member

Would you be interested in going our mod? I saw that you posted in the RO recruitment thread and Im assuming you like realistic sim type games (which is what RO is). We are looking for people that are dedicated and mature more so than super experienced. If we got someone like you on board you would definately help our mod allot with your experience even if you could only stay with us for a short time. You've definately got the skills and Im sure if you could rub some of those skills off on us it definately would be for the better.

8. Leonardo

Leonardo Old fart on top the mountain.....

Yes the Porfolio layout was well done. The Graphical interface is a nice touch. The Tech Demo was nice as well. What was the overall time involved in it again? (At work atm)

9. mashinboo

mashinboo New Member

total time was 10 weeks.

This is the breakdown
    1 week for designing
    3 weeks for modeling and texturing all necessary objects
    2 week for creating all the archietecture and texturing them,
    3 weeks for building map and putting everything all together, including lighinting, animations, matness, scripted sequences, particles and special f/x's.
    3 days for level optimizations to maintain good frame rates
    2 days play testing to make sure everything thus far worked like it was suppose to

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  10. Leonardo

Well done

Well the work was indeed well done in the timeframe given. You seem quite exceptional with your skills. I take it you recieved my communica in your inbox? I must apologize at the moment, our website's is down atm due to a hdd crash. I am however working quite dilegently to attempt to either retrive/restore or I may be forced entirely upon creating a new layout for the site. >_<; Gomen Nasi.

I do hope that this does not reflect badly upon us in your view. But we are in dire straits for a decent mapper that takes a project seriously. Again I thank you for the time you have taken to review my communica and this post as well.

11. FXD|Shadow

FXD|Shadow Mad Man, really

Interesting, you got a pm in your forum mail-folder
    so you're a mapper/modeler ? good those guys are really rare.. argh
    your work looks really good and we could really need you for LSoNP !
    I'll also check your homepage.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  12. Leonardo

*check's Josh's pulse* OMGWTHBBQ! :eek!: Josh Josh are you ok/ Someone call UTExpress this man needs gaming stat! ......

13. mashinboo

mashinboo New Member

??? have no clue what that meant :)

14. Leonardo

you're gone for a wee bit just checkin to see if you were still alive was all m8.

15. mashinboo

mashinboo New Member

ooo lol my bad ive been gone for a few days lol

16. Leonardo

Always makin sure the rare commodities are kept safe and alive. And yes thats is indeed what you are skill wise a rare commodity. Stay sharp The entire community mod wise are keeping thier eyes on you.

17. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

Come and check out Jailbreak some time. We are an active community with lots of work going into mapping.
    The community would love more mappers who have the ability to add in custom content, and should you wish there are lots of top quality mappers all competing to be the best at times, would be great to see you there.

18. KnightmareAlpha

KnightmareAlpha New Member

Hey Leonardo fancy seeing you here!

If you are interested in joining a very interesting mod try GTCP,

You can have a look at some of the content here:

Atari GTCP Thread

Or you can goto the site directly:

Official GTCP Site

The thing I think you will like is the wide varity of content that the pack as it currently includes a wide range of:
    • Player Models/Skins
    • Maps
    • and now Vehicles

Your talents would be hugely appreciated at GTCP to add to a already wide varity of skilled members.

19. supermonkey

supermonkey New Member

Heya, I'm leading Quarantine for Unreal Tournament 2007. The Genre is Horror/survival and basically it's a zombie game. For all the details on the game you can check out http://mods.moddb.com/5998/ . We could really use a player modeler/animator is you'ld like to join, you can contact me on msn super_monkey97@hotmail.com or just PM me here. Thanks.

20. Leonardo

Thank you KnightM, yes I'm also one the admins and The Public Relations Laison for Golden Tiger Studios as well as The Lead Project Manager of Jade Phoenix Studios as well. I will provide and say this in regards to your most generous offer of your services to this community and this thread, with the following

MegaTokyo-ADP

Gallery for MegaTokyo-APD

GTS & JPS would benfit from your talents if you do consider us worthy of your talents that is. We are indeed working on a New Pak with some nice content in progress. But we do have 3 slots that are in need and yours would ndeed be a welcomed sight. I'll leave it at that.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2006