1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Looking for Coders

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by theRoadStroker, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Lethal Dosage

Lethal Dosage Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer

The Steyr AUG can take pretty much all the attachments the M16 can, and as for the argument what will it bring to INF? a higher rate of fire, another bullpup rifle, and a choice of what to use with grenade launchers, cus currently the M16 rifles mave a monopoly on that (5.56 category that is).

Well i guess the reflex sight, 1.5x optical, M203, and the suppressor would be implemented, thats all.

And the Steyr has full auto and semi, not burst and semi. Plus it would give the M4 some compitition. And about the 5.56 rifles, its funny OICW, that no one complained about the number of M16 family rifles thats ingame, i really don't see why we need a M16a2 and a M16a4! But i'm not complaining cus i like the heat shield on the M16a4's M203. My point is, people complain about there being another 5.56 rifle in INF, but the Steyr AUG brings so much extra to the table, in a neat package, and its not like you can say there is too many bullpup rifles!

No one else is complaining, from what i can tell in this thread, most people want it ingame. And its not like anyone is forcing you to use it either.

2. OICW

OICW Reason & Logic > Religion

Okay, if the AUG was put in, we'd essentially have a M16A2 that fires in auto (yes, I know the M16A2 has semi and three round burst only) with slightly different recoil, same terminal ballistics as the M16A2, maybe slightly different weapon collision.

Does that sound like it'd be worth the extra effort to put it in? More importantly, what would be a good gameplay reason to use it over, besides having full automatic, which the FAMAS also has, or one or two different attachments? I don't count "it looks cool" (not in my book) or "Hey, other games have it" (so?) as valid reasons for putting firearms into Infiltration; those reasons I listed suit other mods with a different approach than Inf.

3. Corporal_Lib [BR]

Corporal_Lib [BR] Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)

I´d love to see the AUG in INF (specialy playing with it on those TO converted maps would seem quite familiar ;-)
    But regarding to that old "calibers in excess or lack in INF" thread, I would remind you guys that there´s no russian 5.45x39,5mm (Ak74N or AKSU-74, both with kobra sights would rox), or 9x39mm subsonic (AS/VAl and Vintorez) or chinese (like QBZ-95) and even a .45 ACP SMG (UMP!!!!)
    I hope the next small releases IMT WP would bring some of those "forsakken calibers" XD

4. Lethal Dosage

Lethal Dosage Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer

Well it has a the option of a 1.5x or reflex sight which the the M16a2 doesn't have. And i do believe "it looks cool" is a valid argument when so many of the INF community backs it.

But i would also like to see a .45acp submachine gun, or more machine guns.