1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Looking for Coders

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by theRoadStroker, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

but the locations are dark :D. And the scope lens should be grey. But if you say it will be correct in the final version, than ok.

2. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

The model could stand to use some more three-demensional details 'here and there'. While the UT engine is limiting, it's not that limiting. I'm not the person to go to when it comes to the poly limits (although I'm sure it's not too difficult to find that information) - but I would say you could probably get away with adding a lot more to the model itself. For starters, I would actually cut out the area under the scope mount. It would look much nicer. Overall, it's a lot better than your previous models, but it's still a bit boxy. Skins go a long way - however - a skinned box is still a skinned box. Try smoothing out some of the edges and adding detail to the areas where the player would spend most of their time viewing (sights, etc.).

Be sure to check the proportions of your model, especially the thickness. Try to obtain as many reference photos as you can to assist you. It would be in your best interest to nail the model design before you run off, trying to skin things and have them coded into the game.

Baby steps.

As for animations?

Oh boy...

P.S. What the fuck is going on with that right hand?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005
  3. theRoadStroker

theRoadStroker A Dickcheese Faggot

yes crack i also think it looks abit boxy but those are not the newest pics i have already fixed most what you have pointed out here

i think its pretty stupid that i have to repeat myself on a forum but...
    meaning Beta-Pics and not animated..and if so just cuz one frame looks weird doesnt mean the full sequence is crap .. go ahead and reload some of imt weapons and look carefully and you see what i mean.

and that hand is suffering from the "20 sec work" syndrome

@psy

gray will look like **** however i will make it abit darker later

and ofcourse i will improve it but i dont wanna put too much time in it if its not going to be used.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  4. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

You kidding? dis gun will pwnage. Look at the iron sights (I suppose) and the scope, that is what G36K users dreamed of.

And I find the positions are good, only the ironsight position should be a bit closer to the view/screen.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  5. Lethal Dosage

Lethal Dosage Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer

I love that SA80! but i agree it does need to be a little bit darker, n maybe make the scope a little bit rounder, it looks too boxy there. But otherwise is rocks! make a Iron sight version n i'll have it as my main weapon!

P.S maybe a suppressor as well!

6. theRoadStroker

theRoadStroker A Dickcheese Faggot

it appears boxy cuz i have a perfect circle in the center ,if you look at the other acog and scopes you will see those are more boxy then my scope and there is a ironsight on it already ..its just like the g36k.
    We´ll see about more attachments in the future......its time for me to have some x-mas :p so seey in a few days

merry christmas

((poly count 999))

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
  7. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

I don't see a blue scope lens in the pic. Cmon, make it greyish :p.

[​IMG]

The skin is better now, but imo the grey stock have to be dark grey, not meduim grey (I still hate the medium grey AKMS skin in INF). and the green grips should have less color (add a bit some grey scale).
    Just compare it with the pic:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2005
  8. Lethal Dosage

YEah sorta, but how are you going to code it to that you can switch between the ACOG and the irons? I meant something that you could replace the ACOG with a rail with iron sights on it, plus i reckon that looking over the top of the ACOG will leave alot of the weapon hidden below the screen, plus it will leave the ACOG for you to try to see around, it would be very annoying!

The only reason i've asked for a suppressor is cus i've gone a little supressor mad! ATM i'm playing with a Suppressed Mp5a2 with that EOTech thingy, its really good out to 100m or so.

But no rush, make it how you like and some people will use it, even UN's DE.50 gets used by some people

9. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

I think he will make it similar to the G36K scope - sight switch, with the attachment key.

I'm currently on silencer rampage too. M4A1-SD (iron sight) is what I mostly use now. I love the sound and the look.

10. BTH

BTH Dickcheese Faggot

the sight is not an ACOG, its a SUSAT, and it's got well aligned iron sight on it so why would you want an iron sight version? I personally think the L85 is a good idea for INF because it will be a weapon with iron sights and scope in one. Someone should code the gun to jam also

11. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

No jams. Just be glad Tiffy isn't around to murder you for that. Besides, the A2 is apparently much better in that respect.

12. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

BTH, you sure weren't around the last 5 years :p

It's like all the old suggestions/comments that got flamed O so often comming out in less then two weeks.

I think this community became a lot less agressive towards those comments and suggestions. Just a thought.

13. BTH

BTH Dickcheese Faggot

nah, just joined the community upon making my appearence online, although i have been playing since 2.65 in Unreal1
    Glad i havent been annoying about weapon suggestions these 5 years, but now i'd like to say, IMO, INF needed an M4, an AK and could do with a Steyr Aug and an L85. Just to say, thanks Inf Mod Team

14. Cunubelin

Cunubelin Absens haeres non erit (Soccerdad)

The Steyr AUG... Was it Shakken that would wring your neck if you dared mention it in his presence?
    I believe Gryphon had a thing or 2 to say about it also... None were too positive if I recall correctly.

15. OICW

OICW Reason & Logic > Religion

Enough with 5.56mm assault rifles.

How about a RPK for something a bit more different?

16. Burger

Burger Lookin' down the iron-sights...

new guns are new guns. Anything to bring more life to INF.
    Any other IMT projects being worked on recently?

17. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

An AK-74M would be a nice addition, because they are no 5.45x39mm's yet. I still wait for the AKS-74U.

What would kick imo is an PKM.

18. Corporal_Lib [BR]

Corporal_Lib [BR] Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)

PKM, RPK74, an AK74N full of attachments (kobra red dot sights at least..or only western weapons are allowed to have acessories in INF???) and a VSS would be a dream come true... the ruskies need more gear!!! ;-)

19. Lethal Dosage

Agreed! we need a RPK, AKs-74u with silencer and red dot attachments, and a SVD too (silencer too maybe?)

But more russian gear, but i still have to ask for the RPG-7 and the Steyr Aug (both i know have been said NO! to too many times, but what sort of aussie am i if i don't at least try to go into battle with my countries main rifle?

Oh and we naad a M60 too (or a Bren).

20. Burger

Burger Lookin' down the iron-sights...

What are the main australian/new zealand weapons?

Are there any MG's planned to rival the m249? (INF wise, that is)

EDIT:
    Where do i look for coding information in regards to new guns for inf?
    I.e. current mutators, websites, etc?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2005