Lookin' for some code

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tiggy

Sep 15, 2000
Does anyone know where I might find the code that displays the CTF flag when it is being carried? I thought it would be in CTFFlag, under something like "state Held", but I haven't seen anything there.

Any help?

_U][B_StoneRain

Nov 18, 2001
Frankfurt/Germany
www.utbase.com
class CTFFlag extends Decoration
class Decoration extends Actor

what kind of code are you looking for ? the CTFFlag is simply an actor and drawn as any other actor too

if you want to know who (if anybody) is carrying the flag look at
var Pawn Holder;

Tiggy

Sep 15, 2000
Here's what I'm trying to figure out: What happens to the flag when someone touches it? In "function Touch()" it calls GotoState('Held'), but how does the flag end up strapped on some player's back?

Hope that clarifies things somewhat.

Shambler[sixpack]

May 3, 2001
Ireland
Visit site
I suppose the easiest way to put the flag on a players back is to put a setlocation in the tick funtion & have it slightly offset from the players position (so it's not sticking out his head:) ), though I don't know where to look for the actual code...

~[Sixpack]-Shambler-

Tiggy

Sep 15, 2000
Ahh... That's probably why I couldn't find it then. Thanks for the replies. :)

Captain Kewl

I know kewl.
Feb 13, 2001
IN YOUR HOUSE
Visit site
I think carrieddecoration is some legacy code from the original Unreal which was never actually documented as a player ability. You can pick up decorations with mass<25 or something. Walk up to a small box or pylon and type "grab" in the console.

I think something like this *was* used in Deux Ex...?