[lolololitics]America not greatest country ever?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Non union engineers, designer and execs ruined the car companies.

This is actually true. If they didn't release crappy cars no one wants to buy for many decades they could afford to pay the rednecks $70/hr. They're still releasing crap even after the bailouts. I can't wait to see the new Chrysler/ Dodge midget mobiles based on those fugly French cars. Ford is the only one that doesn't have their heads up their collective asses. The other two can rot in hell for all I care.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I also talked my friend, the manager of a local printing company, that I do contract programming for. They've been paying around $20k/month to provide their workers w/ health insurance. To meet the req's of obamacare they'll have to pay around $30k/month. They're planning to just drop all of their insurance and just take the penalty. That will be, from what they can tell, around $25k/month. Awesome stuff. Now they pay even more and they're not even getting insurance out of it.

Sounds like a terrible place to work. We can save 5 grand a month by ****ing over our employees! HELL YES!

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Average UAW veteran wage is $28.10/hour, newbie hires get about $18.00. The $70.00 you posted includes all benefits and is a bit low. The real number is slightly north of $78.00 and is on par with non-union benefits. Now let’s talk about the multi-millions that execs make (not including their obscene golden parachutes). Let’s talk about the execs that negotiated the contract that allow non-skilled workers to get paid $28.00 an hour. Let’s talk about the piss-poor engineering in Detroit for 50 years, and only now is beginning to improve. Yes, unions contributed to the downfall of the auto industry, but the execs are the ones who did the most damage.

California pensions. The main fault lies with allowing anything short of requiring pensions to be 100% funded, and allowing the state to "borrow" from the fund. The fault also lies with individuals (union and non-union alike) gaming the system. I.e., faking disabilities right before retirement to get early retirement and lower pension taxes, etc... Gov. Brown and a willing state legislature can fix these problems. The unions may not like it and it will be a slow crawl back to solvency, but it can be done.

You may think I support anything unions do, but I don't. While vast majority of unions are fine, there are a few that go too far. Un-skilled auto assembly workers getting $28.00/hour is one example. But what the anti-union crowd likes to forget is what labor was like before unions came around; Working in unsafe environments, hoping you were not hurt or disabled and becoming a burden on your family. Paid in company script only redeemable at the over-priced company stores whilst living in over-priced company owned housing. Working until you physically could not work anymore, and then hoping to die quickly so as to not be a burden on your family.

Here’s the part where you say “if they don’t like working there, they can go work somewhere else”. But the problem is that the company down the road is the same or worse. Then you say “well they can start their own business”. BS, not everybody has the means or skills to do that, and they don’t deserve what is essentially indentured servitude because of it.

Edit:

P.S. I am not now a union member, nor have I ever been.

Last edited:

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
Sounds like a terrible place to work. We can save 5 grand a month by ****ing over our employees! HELL YES!
actually the employees are treated quite well and they're happy. but, umm, unless they do this they'd have to pay an additional $10k/month than they are now. They're already struggling in this economy and have to balance their books... you understand that right? I bet it would be an awesome and fair place to work if they went out of business, right? They were perfectly happy the way thing were (are), but now they're left no choice but to actually make a tough decision. So, it's either doing this and probably have to drop a few employees or pay even more and have to drop twice as many.

Instead of blindly blaming a company, one you know nothing about, for making a tough decision for something they're being forced into, why don't you put a little blame on the retarded legislation forcing them into a corner. I guess that any small business that has to make tough choices are the bad guys.

Average UAW veteran wage is $28.10/hour, newbie hires get about $18.00. The $70.00 you posted includes all benefits and is a bit low. The real number is slightly north of $78.00 and is on par with non-union benefits. Now let’s talk about the multi-millions that execs make (not including their obscene golden parachutes). Let’s talk about the execs that negotiated the contract that allow non-skilled workers to get paid $28.00 an hour.
I bet the total of the exec's salaries are a drop in the bucket to their total employee costs.

California pensions. The main fault lies with allowing anything short of requiring pensions to be 100% funded, and allowing the state to "borrow" from the fund. The fault also lies with individuals (union and non-union alike) gaming the system. I.e., faking disabilities right before retirement to get early retirement and lower pension taxes, etc... Gov. Brown and a willing state legislature can fix these problems. The unions may not like it and it will be a slow crawl back to solvency, but it can be done.
If you have confidence in them actually doing this, and in any effective way, you have a lot of unsubstantiated trust. he's already talking about green jobs (not pot), and they're really getting down to solving their big problems (yea, I know that's SF being tards, but it shows the attitude over there)

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yes, you are.
Thank you for telling me what I'm doing, now I will listen to you because other people telling me what I'm doing is much easier.

:shake:

I guess I shouldn't expect anyone to get the point if a sentence contains the word Hitler.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
lovCh.jpg

^ right wingers. Hypocrisy in black and well ok mostly white.

Lostsoul

boobs
Jul 3, 2005
pdX, Oregun
What is wrong with unemployment? You do realize that people pay into it, and the employer matches that. Since the Gov is taking it, people should get it back, what they put in to it at least.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
What is wrong with unemployment? You do realize that people pay into it, and the employer matches that. Since the Gov is taking it, people should get it back, what they put in to it at least.
What? You didn't get the memo that if you disagree with something you shouldn't take advantage of it, even if you are being forced to pay for it?!?!

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin

*sigh* is it that hard to admit hypocrisy in a statement that just happens to be aligned with your opinions?

Lostsoul

boobs
Jul 3, 2005
pdX, Oregun
*sigh* is it that hard to admit hypocrisy in a statement that just happens to be aligned with your opinions?

I am against Unemployment, Social Security and for the most part food stamps as a FORCED tax. However, since we are FORCED to pay into them, we should get our monies worth. Make it an optional tax, not a forced one. They also need to make it easier for the people that actually deserve the money to get it. My mother inlaw was fired for bull**** reasons, but could not get unemployment, despite having paid in to it for 35 years.

Kind of like the fact that the gov increase the gas tax here to improve roads, but then they don't improve them and instead decide to build $615 million in bicycle lanes and improvements for bicycles. They then bitch and moan that they need more money for roads. At least they made an IPhone app for reporting pot holes.

Last edited:

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
However, since we are FORCED to pay into them, we should get our monies worth. Make it an optional tax, not a forced one.
do you mean a consumption tax, as in a fair tax and getting rid of the irs?

They also need to make it easier for the people that actually deserve the money to get it. My mother inlaw was fired for bull**** reasons, but could not get unemployment, despite having paid in to it for 35 years.
just wait until SS folds... and they call you extreme for suggesting having a privatized SS option.

Kind of like the fact that the gov increase the gas tax here to improve roads, but then they don't improve them and instead decide to build $615 million in bicycle lanes and improvements for bicycles. They then bitch and moan that they need more money for roads. At least they made an IPhone app for reporting pot holes.
:lol: typical

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
Humans will be arguing 'til the end of time about how to govern themselves - but that's not our job. Have a good time, all the time :cool: Worry about yourself, and just work hard. Know that somewhere, something is smiling down on you. Bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.