[lolololitics]America not greatest country ever?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
How sad for you.

393077dogwippingass5.gif

|*BILLY$CLINT*|

I make things happen!
Jan 25, 2008
The Moon
I gotta move to Deutschland, legally or illegally. I know enough of the language to survive, my accent is thick and harsh enough to sound like Berliner. All I know is I gotta get outta the US before we all get farmed out to China.

[edit] on a more serious note, I guess Naliwarcow races are going to be outlawed :mad:

Already one step ahead of you...But all I know how to do is order a beer in German...

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Moving to Germany is like buying a ticket for a mental torture machine: Not recommended.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Moving to Germany is like buying a ticket for a mental torture machine: Not recommended.

I'd say Germany is trying too hard to be like the US so why move? Well, Berlin's a pearl so... that's the only reason to visit Germany imo.

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
well, at least you guys have a good economy in a sea of fail

for now but we'll be needing well educated personnel soon IF our government doesnt get its head out of the ass and does something to support the educative needs.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
This thread is an example of why America is not great anymore.

I agree with pine.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Yep! Me too. Life is pretty good outside the U.S. I can't wait to vote in the next election for the first time from outside the U.S. The country sucks, but I will always be an American, not a Merkin.

According to Larkin, you shouldn't be allowed to vote if you're an American living in another country.

Lostsoul

boobs
Jul 3, 2005
pdX, Oregun
The economy if you like it or not is still Obamas, his policies are still his, and the next election if history holds true will say the same.

The economy started with Bush. We won't know the exact outcome of Obama for a while. Just like the economy after y2k was not Bush's fault, it was handed to him.

You can't really blame economy things on a president in his first two years. Anything he tries to do won't take effect of a couple years. Even Obamas health care stuff, we won't know it real impact for a few years. On paper it actually helps my company (though I still don't want it).

I only read half of the first paragraph, but i will say this. I wanted to see the US wages drop. We turned in to a nation that produced nothing real partially due to extreme wages pushed by unions. All manufacturing left the US. If wages drop, we can see these jobs come back here. I would rather see my tools made in the US than in China. Euros, careful how many manufacturing jobs you export. Manufacturing built America, look what happens when it leaves.

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
There's a few problems with this.
The economy started with Bush. We won't know the exact outcome of Obama for a while. Just like the economy after y2k was not Bush's fault, it was handed to him.
yes and no. first off the dems have run congress since '06 and have had control of the budget. second, the main cause of the recession was the housing market... and who insisted on making home ownership a "right" and pumped up the market w/ fanny/freddie and by leaning on the banks to make bad loans?

You can't really blame economy things on a president in his first two years. Anything he tries to do won't take effect of a couple years. Even Obamas health care stuff, we won't know it real impact for a few years. On paper it actually helps my company (though I still don't want it).

I only read half of the first paragraph, but i will say this. I wanted to see the US wages drop. We turned in to a nation that produced nothing real partially due to extreme wages pushed by unions. All manufacturing left the US. If wages drop, we can see these jobs come back here. I would rather see my tools made in the US than in China. Euros, careful how many manufacturing jobs you export. Manufacturing built America, look what happens when it leaves.
Sure, a lot of his policies don't have immediate effects, but others do. Market confidence hinge on tax policies, which have been very uncertain. Our momentary policies and debt also have a huge effect on confidence. That's why the corporations are sitting on trillions of dollars instead of investing (which would create jobs).

The effects of obamacare has also screwed up confidence since nobody knows every single thing that will be burdening their business. And, just from what we do know, my wife's place of employment is now going to outsource their labor to Mexico and possibly other depts to China.

I also talked my friend, the manager of a local printing company, that I do contract programming for. They've been paying around $20k/month to provide their workers w/ health insurance. To meet the req's of obamacare they'll have to pay around $30k/month. They're planning to just drop all of their insurance and just take the penalty. That will be, from what they can tell, around $25k/month. Awesome stuff. Now they pay even more and they're not even getting insurance out of it.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The economy started with Bush.
The current economy has been decades int he making, spanning Presidents of all political leanings. The problem right now has nothing to do with Obama creating policies that succeed and everything to do with him instilling confidence that his policies can work. That's what is missing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.