UE1 - UT Loading Unreal maps in UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fulsam

Jan 19, 2008
I'm trying to load an Unreal SP map into UT (isvkran4). However, every time I test it from the editor, UT loads, the map starts, and then 1 second later, UT minimizes back to the desktop, and becomes a non-responsive black window in the corner...

I checked the logs and nothing seemed out of place.

What is causing this? It's driving me nuts!

Fulsam

Jan 19, 2008
Turns out, it works when I try it through the game.

However, what I am planning to do with this map will involve modifying it.

I plan to edit it so you are revisiting the Kran several years later (Nature taking it's toll, place falling apart, darker lighting, moodier sound etc. Kinda like how 7B reworked it). I'm doing this for the fun of it and to learn more about the editor, so I don't plan to release it.

I have started this and the map is working fine, however, do you have any suggestions on how maps are reworked like this?

Last edited: