1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

llama bug

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Support' started by tkmaster, May 30, 2004.

1. tkmaster

tkmaster New Member

I discovered a little llama bug...

The game turns you into a llama when it shouldnt of

the thing is i left a server to join a different one...( i didnt want to play in one with mostly bots)
    and the game still turned me into a llama when i joined a game on a different server

the code should be when you disconnect than reconnect to the same server not a complete different one

2. Mychaeel

Mychaeel New Member

Moved to "Jailbreak Support."

Each server keeps its own track of players who left while in jail; that information doesn't go across servers.

The game tries to uniquely identify players by their "ID hash," a value provided by native UT200x code which is based on their CD key. Perhaps there's a problem.

3. Moofed

Moofed New Member

I've been turned into a llama for no apparant reason a few times. The first time I connected to a JB server I was confronted with a floaty thing on a white background. I had no idea what was going on.
    FWIW, I installed from the .zip, running the linux version.

4. Mychaeel

Mychaeel New Member

If it was in the game -- did you happen to shoot release-protected players?

5. Moofed

Moofed New Member

No, it was actually before I got any normal gameplay at all. I went from loading screen straight to llama screen.

6. tkmaster

tkmaster New Member

but it happened
    and if the server keeps track it should expire after a couple minutes.... I shouldnt have to be punished for cheating because i left the game when i was in jail a day or two ago
    it should only do it if i like reconnect to the server within 30 minutes or so of leaving

if the server that made me a llama when i joined was the server i left 1 or 2 nights ago the server shouldnt do it to me 2 days after i left

or make the cheat thing last as long as the current map is playing...

the kick command works that way (you get kicked you cant reconnect to the server till the map changes)
    im sure something could be done to the llama cheat protection, by making it if you disconnect then reconnect while its still in the map you get turned into a llama

Last edited: May 30, 2004
  7. Mychaeel

Mychaeel New Member

It expires as soon as a team is captured, or the map changes.

Maybe there's a bug in the part which identifies a player server-side. If you happen to have a server log from when it happened, please send it to mychaeel@planetjailbreak.com so I can try to find out what's the problem.

8. tkmaster

tkmaster New Member

cant help you there... oh well... just that i know it happened....

still a good mod...

9. Robmonster

Robmonster New Member

I've had this happen to me to.

The very first time I went online to play JB I was turned into a LLama as soon as I joined the server.

Not exactly a huge problem but it certainly confused me!

10. RabidZombie

RabidZombie Freshly Removed Brains at half price!

lllama

i have the same thing, the first couple of games was fine but when i joined a game i happened to of joined about 5 hours ago i get turned into a llama, it was definatly a different map AND i didn't leave when i was in jail anyway, well at least to my memory. So does it work out who you are by the cd key because i have had a cd key stealing trojen horse, but it is unlikly cos i imidatly block traffic if that happens!

Still a great mod... usualy impossible to get a newly relised mod absolutly bug free! This mod is surely gunna win best game type on the make something unreal competion, oh and will the vehical one be a different game type or will it be the same game type just with vehical serport?

11. [DF]phalanx

[DF]phalanx bgutblower=true

i was playing offline
    the enemys were just released i saw em come out so i started fighting i kill one and get turned into a llama

12. Mychaeel

Mychaeel New Member

Well, that's a feature (which you can deactivate in the Add-Ons tab if you don't like it). Don't shoot release-protected players. :)

13. RabidZombie

lol thats the reason for having llama is to stop you from doing that... though all previous post are faults like mine. also llama is for not doisocnnecting then connecting again when you were in jail!

14. Mychaeel

Mychaeel New Member

Not sure whether I understand what you're saying there... :con:

There's no "CD key stealing troyan" in Jailbreak. UT200x itself provides a system function for mods which provides them with a unique value (a so-called "hash") based on the CD key (but different from it) to identify players. The CD key itself is never transferred to the server; just the hash, and it's impossible to find out the original CD key based on the hash. It's just possible to compare two hashes to find out whether two people are using the same CD key (and thus are, most likely, the same person).

That hash also isn't transferred from your client to the server by some obscure means; it's sent to the server by the game itself in the process of connecting you to the server.

Last edited: May 31, 2004
  15. RabidZombie

the trojen horse... i didnt mean int he game... recently on my pc i had a trojen horse that steals cd keys of popular games... like ut2004... and i was wondering if if works out who you are by the cd key then someone could have use my cd key and disconnected from server when in jail and when i joined it thought i was that person... but oviously not!

16. TheSpoonDog

TheSpoonDog CBP3! Yarrr!

You shouldn't be using or encouraging the use of cd-key stealing trojan horses then...

EDIT: ahh, right, sorry ;)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2004
  17. Birelli

Birelli meh...

Um...I think he means he discovered he had one on his computer? Anyways it seems possible that someone who had stolen his CD key had been on the same server. Getting online would've kicked the other guy offline, then he could've connected to the same server. The odds of that happening though even if the CD key were well-distributed (as I assume happens to CD keys when stolen by trojans and such) seem so remote as to be neligible, the person who had the stolen key would have to have been connected to the exact same server.

18. RabidZombie

Yep... your absolutly right! I know its unlikely, i was just wondering (hang on wait.. i do it all the time! wonder how many hours a day i wonder... hmm)

19. Flak

Flak I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR

Is there any chance it has to do with the speed hack thing? We have the same thing on our server. (Which didn't crash all weekend btw)

Someone comes into the server, and they are instantly a llama. I went to spectate mode and tried it with one of our clanmates, then did it myself. I can into the server, got "speedhack detected" then I was a llama. I hadn't even moved yet.

20. papaschtroumpf

papaschtroumpf New Member

This happened to me last night too. I connected and was immediately turned into a llama. I did not shoot anyone with release protection so unless it were some kind of "telefrag" by spawning on top of a player (which I think I would have noticed) I really think it's some kind of error.
    FYI, I may have been playing that server the night before, there aren't many JB servers and I've been "browsing" them to find one that isn't laggy and has real people on.

So my take on this is that it's a real bug, you can get wrongly turned into a llama (oh well, sort of fun to do ;) )

Fix the server crashes before you worry about this bug though.