Little known fact about the DEMOREC command

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
Here's an undocumented feature of the DEMOREC command. It also enables SUCKMODE for me and 1337MODE for everyone else in the game.

GrendelKeep: I made 3 mid-air combos off the shock rifle lift that resulted in nice frags (one resulted in a double-kill). I made another moving combo kill later as someone was going under the pulse-rifle staircase, and some cool LG/switch to rocket kills... so I'm thinking I'm "in tha ZONE!" Well, I drop to console and type DEMOREC which promptly enabled SUCKMODE... I should post the demo.. it's hilarious, just a bunch of NOTHING... I think I managed to kill the one newbie on the server while in demorec. The rest were a bunch of really nice headshots that I was on the receiving end of...

oh well...

Thrawn70

Hang-around
Jun 11, 2002
Unknown Regions
Visit site
Yep, that's what happens to me too, so I have a key bound to demorec and demostop so as soon as I start playing I start a demo and then my SUCKMODE eventually turns off and I get some good shots :)

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
Stupid suckmode.... :lol: I feel for ya Webby, that sucks, but I couldn't help laughing my ass off as I read that post.. Very funny stuff :D

Hey Thrawn, how do you set up a key to start and stop a Demorec?

Thrawn70

Hang-around
Jun 11, 2002
Unknown Regions
Visit site
yeah, open your user.ini, scroll down to [Engine.Input] and find the key you want to bind... put demorec after the = and then for the demostop key, put that after another key's =. The demos will record as Demo001.dem, Demo002.dem, etc. You won't recieve any console notification that they're recording, but if you bind it properly, it'll work. :)

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
You get used to that in time. Had the same problem. Just rec every game you play for a bit, and don't think about what that bind you press does. You'll delete a lot of crap when you're for a while, but you'll get used to it, and have some quality in the long run.

SugarBear

Sadly Un-Surreal
May 18, 2001
Doesn't even matter
Visit site
back in UT1 when everyone was using that cool screengrab dump to make movies, I had it bound to a key.

while I was playing games online I could tap the key and it would put a huge load on my system, which would in effect slow everything down far enough for me to be able to pull off some really amazing stuff. I could hit combos you wouldn't even think possible, I posted a bunch of movies of them here a while ago, it worked great online, fire a shock ball, tap the dump key, combo the ball, tap the dump key again and go back to normal time.