1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[Links inside] TEH RAFFI_B MAP PACK IS HERE!!!!!111one

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by Raffi_B, Aug 8, 2003.

1. Raffi_B

Raffi_B Administrator

UMOD:
    http://www.beyondunreal.com/dl.php/capture/rb_mp_umod.zip

ZIP:
    http://www.beyondunreal.com/dl.php/capture/rb_mp_zip.zip

Features: 4 High-quality CTF maps complete with custom content and music. The main emphasis is gameplay and flow, so don't be bummed out if the maps arent the most visually appealing you've ever seen. However, that doesnt mean they look bad, take a look at the screenshots.

The maps:
    CTF-RB-Arid
    CTF-RB-Rust
    CTF-RB-SubZero
    CTF-RB-Vault

HAVE FUN AND ENJOY :) (See if you can guess which map is which from the screenshots :))

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2003
  2. Shuriken

Shuriken Cordless Pixie

Great!

Gonna post mapnames + screenies? (not for me, cos I'll d/l anyway ;))

Link doesn't work, but probably too soon.

3. I_LoveToKill

I_LoveToKill Danish Bastard!

Great news, been waiting for this mappack, more good ctf maps is
    needed for ut2003.

Downloading...

4. The Warden

The Warden this is usually where youll find me

downloaded! I haven't tried the maps, but I don't hear music ingame so I listen to all of it first.

question: the music all sounds familiar I know some of it is from UT. is all of it? sounded like something from Deus Ex was tossed in too.

5. Sekhmet

Sekhmet the Destroyer

Downloading now :). Looks good from the screenies.

6. Raffi_B

Raffi_B Administrator

yes, the music is from UT. im not skilled enough to make custom music, and I didnt want to breach copyrights by including music from movies and stuff, so I put the old UT music and it really works quite well. I am extremely pleased with the way the maps turned out.

7. Thrawn70

Thrawn70 Hang-around

Yeah, the music doesn't seem to be attached to the first level at least. All in all, a good map pack. However, I think you over-use cramped hallways (Rust, and especially Vault). Widen em out in your future maps and give them more opportunities to change levels rather than channelling people down one track. Rust is ok because it allows more freedom on your routes, but Vault is horrible for this. I could sit at one Shock Rifle and annihalate the entire other team as they came down the single long hallway. I love the detailing you're putting into your maps and I look forward to your future maps, but I think you need to get over this cramped hallway then lift idea. I love the free form feeling of Subzero and Arid, and I enjoy the action of Rust, but Vault is too channelled and restricting for me to enjoy. Great job though! :)

8. Renegade Retard

Renegade Retard Defender of the newbie

I FINALLY was able to download these the other night.

Raffi - :tup:

My favorite is the Egyptian map (Arid?). It's layout is quite unique and lends to fun gameplay. SubZero is ver nice, I just don't want to play against someone like Rev camped in that tower. ;) (By the way, I see the satellite in the sky. Haven't looked yet, but I assue the Ion painter is on top of the tower).

On the other two maps - I like them. Yeah, they can be a little cramped, but something I've notice that you always do well in your maps is having multiple levels and numerous paths. It's evident that you put a lot of thought into the layout of your maps, and it makes for good gameplay.

Very good job, and thanks for quality productions. :)

9. janiwashere

janiwashere FC-03B

nice, downloading :)

10. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

I can't believe I haven't DLed these yet. I need to get these this weekend!

11. WebSlinger

WebSlinger bNotNegative != False

They're on The Web (compressed redirect download) and available for voting at FragBU

12. Raffi_B

Raffi_B Administrator

Thanks for all the feedback guys! my favorite is arid also, simply because of the layout. i thought of it while i was in the john :) anyway, the hallways are a bit narrow but that is on purpose. for example on vault, the map is meant for shock, lightning, flak, and the rocket launcher in some places. the long middle hallways can be easily avoided by taking a lift up. but imagine you are a flag carrier. do i go up and get the 50 shield which might not be there and avoid the long hallway? or do i take the long hallway, get the 100 shield/mega health and take the unexpected route? its very hard to defend the base well. this is by design. one of my friends actually said that vault was his favorite, and so ladies and gentlemen, my job is done :).

13. BigFolks

BigFolks New Member

Sorry to revive this old thread Raffi but I just had to know if you remembered. I know you know the pack was released and it's too late for improvements. I was just checkin to see if you have continued any work on CTF-RB-Arid. Man that map roxxor all boxxor. Ask hal man he knows. I know that map like the back of my hand. If you could release a version 1.1 for fragbu that would be great.

Bugs: movers sometimes work but static meshes get stuck floating in the air. (the movers that move from one base towards the middle. if ya could, replace that with a block floating in the air rather than moving back and forth.

The block floating in the air with the warhead launcher, that map is sorta small and the warhead launcher sorta noobs me out just a bit. (even though super weapons are turned off for fragbu, it is still strange to pick up 3rd rocket launcher in the middle of the map)

I'll include a screenshot of a bug I've noticed that has been "buggin" me. heh.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Remember, this is up to you whether you want to or not to fix some of these bugs. If you decide to turn me down, would it be all right If i took responsibility for these bugs? What I mean by that is, would it be allright if i tried to fix them myself?

Ah blasted Xs, Just right click the broken link to the picture and hit SHOW PICTURE to view the picture. I have no idea why it is doing that.

If you still can't see them, go here:
    http://www.geocities.com/bigfolks01/disk_drive.html

Last edited: Oct 5, 2003
  14. Raffi_B

Raffi_B Administrator

Actually the stuff you are talking about could be done in about 5 minutes. Lemme fire up the editor and get back to you in a bit. The screenshots were helpful, thanks :tup:

15. BigFolks

BigFolks New Member

no problem :)

16. TossMonkey

TossMonkey brown bread?

Looks a lot better than your last pack Raffi, I'll check it out.

[edit]

Big improvement since your last pack. Keep it up. :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2003
  17. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

great maps!

RaffiB Map Pack working links:
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/941947/rb_mp_zip_zip

CTF-RB-Arid - small, bright Egyptian-themed map with custom music, great fast and furious gameplay, flow, tough bots, torches, nice details, flickering scarabs, dome above flag, moving platforms, base vortices for quick upward transport, and good powerup and weapon placement (new version is CTF-Arid-v2).

CTF-RB-Rust - definitely unique and high quality atmosphere; I like the steam, arrows, shadows, generators, fans, saw blades, skybox, music choice, wow…tight map! The only problem is the bots can’t defend.

CTF-RB-SubZero - yes, also unique and high quality atmosphere with snow (imagine that….snow in this map), skybox, flames, water, strange central building, music choice and nice powerup locations; bots are decent and some snags going over crest of hills in spots in this mostly wide-open almost arena-type CTF map.

CTF-RB-Vault - last of these unique maps also with good music choice; I like the tight spots, some long corridors, monitors, lighting, steam, cyborgs, “green slime”, electrical charges, bots don’t pursue flag carrier after they grab flag and I’m coming back with their flag and they can’t defend (makes for a difficult bot match).

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  18. _Lynx

_Lynx Strategic Military Services Staff Member