1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lighting

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by masamax, Jun 7, 2001.

1. masamax

masamax Spoon

I am having some small problems with the lighting on my map.

It is currently in it's early stages, and I am wondering how to fix this small problem. Before I send in some screens to Realmaps for their beta area, I am trying to fix it.

I have a white ceiling for most of the level. There is one problem. With this white ceiling, I can't seem to get the light fixtures on it to look bright enough and realistic. They just look ugly. Is there a way to make them brighter? Do I have to insert a special light just under it to increase lighting for them? I want this first serious map of mine to be good enough to warrent playing, so please help. :)

2. -kain-

-kain- lurker

yeh just add a light about 32 units underneath and change it's lightradius to about 6, less or more depending on the size of the lightfixture.
    Do this for each light.

3. wint-o-green

wint-o-green I'd rather be playing H&D 2

You can select the textures of the light bulb part and make them unlit, or you can set the textures you want brighter to 'special lit' and add lights under each fixture. Then set these lights to 'special lit'.

4. -Lost-

-Lost- Local Bad-ass

if your light is too close to your light fixture, it won't light it correctly. if you keep your lights about 32units from the fixture it should light them right. For my light fixtures, i usually set them to unlit because that way you don't have this problem at all ;)