1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UE2 - UT2kX LightEffect/type wont work after build

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by fronjohn, Sep 19, 2010.

1. fronjohn

fronjohn New Member

Ok so heres what i did: I put in colors and what not to make the light look like a red siren on my ceiling to make a mood of warning, i put LE_Rotor cause of its rotation and LT_Pulse for the improvement on the light, I Build lightning then i see it just not moving, then i try with bDynamicLightning and it completely just erases the light after the build since i read in a tut that it needs to be on True to make those effects work but its some how not working for me :( , and the brightness is high so is the hue, and saturation a bit, i try special lit with and with out dynamic light it erases it and doesn't make the effect i saw before i builded the lights. I seriously have no idea whats going on guys what did i miss :( ? And light visibility is on ;)

2. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

They are not supposed to. If you want complex light effects like in UT1 you will need to create them with modulated Projectors using animated materials.

3. fronjohn

fronjohn New Member

so what should i add and what should i remove from the lights or walls what not? :hmm: cause i have no idea what an modulated Projectors are...

4. Wormbo

DM-DE-Osiris2 uses the idea around the pool.

Attached Files:

5. fronjohn

fronjohn New Member

Ty buts that one just gets the texture and applies it i want the light effects but i think the light types work not the effects cause i did an effect useing the type flicker and put on dynamiclight and it work and if i try it with effects i get nada but the effects make the light even better which is the problem :(

6. Wormbo

Only very few light effects might still work, but only on dynamic lights.