1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

lifts

Discussion in 'Level Editing - Basic' started by [Rans0m4eveR], Jan 16, 2002.

1. [Rans0m4eveR]

[Rans0m4eveR] The Tempest

is it possible to make lifts both StandOpenTimed AND TriggerOpenTimed at the same time?

if not how would i stop myself from getting hurt when coming down from the top of the lift, and falling on it so it goes back up, thus hurting myself and wasting time? :(

2. Hourences

Hourences New Member

trigger hs more priority then a standopetimed i thought, so the by setting it too trigger only it should work good for the bots, not sure though

3. Bot_40

Bot_40 Go in drains

I'm almost certain that triggers don't work at all unless it's trigger_open_timed. You could juts place a trigger at key1 so that it opens when you stand on it.
    If you so do this, set RepeatTriggerTime to something small like 0.1 :)

4. StoneViper

StoneViper you can call me Mike

if you want the lift to automatically rise when you approach it from the top, i always place a standard trigger at the top triggering the lift to rise.

5. Bot_40

Bot_40 Go in drains

You could always have 2 lifts, one goes up, the other goes down...

6. [Rans0m4eveR]

[Rans0m4eveR] The Tempest

stoneviper: thats what i had except the bots usually jump off before they get to the top, but the ones coming down use it alright. :hmm:

7. StoneViper

StoneViper you can call me Mike

I've had a problem with this that the bots at the top refuse to wait for the lift to rise, but the ones on the bottom use it right. I'm not sure exactly what went went wrong with my map and with yours.

8. Chrysaor

Chrysaor Lord of the Pants

When the bots jump off you lifts it's because the lift exit/center tags don't match the mover's tag. Or so I'd think...

9. Hourences

Hourences New Member

sometimes thye do without reason though, in my raid they jump of the small lift near the flag too the shock, with totaly no reason, weird sh1t