Level editing on the beta version: where do i star

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Aridale N. Belmont

Nov 9, 1999
www.hexenworld.com
Check out all the unreal sites you can find and you shouldnt have a problem finding stuff. We can answer any questions you have right here as well. If I could remember http's Id give ya some links to sites to help ya out greatly. The best way to learn though as always is to just try try try and you'll pick it up as you go. One major thing though, if you've mapped for any other game before especially ID/Raven quake-engine games then you'll be *** backwards when it comes to Unreal. You have to forsake all you know about the way things work with that engine to learn Unreals. It may LOOK the same in the editor but its completely backwards. Dont let that intimadate you or anything cause it did me at first. It just takes a lil getting use to. Unreal is true CS if youve ever mapped for a quake engine game one basic rule to remember and not get confused is. If you add in quake you subtract it in Unreal and vise versa. ::nods:: It took me a while to figure that out. Plus you dont need 6 solid brushes to form a room in Unreal you just subtract the shape you want the room to be from the world and its a room. That easy. Once you get the hang of UEd you'll find its SO much easier than any quake-engine game.

Ari

Jenkins

America's Greatest Kitten Mitten
Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
One thing to do is to start simple and learn your way around. It took me about 2-3 weeks just to learn how to add special brushes...
Remember to take the editor one step at a time, don't get caught up. I've learned everything I know from these forums, Unrealed.net and ,of course, trial and error.

Jenkins