Let's show ATARI our xmp community.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
Gundam brought me to an idea,let's make this thread one to show our community,all plans for new maps,vehicles,that the game is alive,that we want atari on our side,show them we love the game,NO FLAMING,show them the many skillfull clans,the competitions,make them proud of xmp,when we have many positive responses then we'll send it to atari themselves and show them our community,we may not be that big but we sure can be strong.
(So tell me is this an good idea or not?)

Demo_Boy

Incindiary
Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Well, I'm not much of a content creator. I'm a player.

I bought U2 just for XMP -- I haven't even played U2 or even installed it.

XMP is the most elegant shooter (in terms of design) that I have played in a long time. I plan on playing XMP as my main game for easily 6 - 8 months from the looks of things, maybe longer.

Is that worth anything to Atari?

cerebrix

Mar 7, 2004
i plan on taking my skills ive been working on and making some xmp maps, i posted about xmp over at 3dbuzz hoping maybe some of the mappers there will help support you guys =D

Major-Lee-High

Im a ranter, ignore me!
Jun 27, 2000
The Dark Tower
www.modcentral.us
Its not really up to atari to keep the games on the shelves, its up to sales.

Atari really has nothing to do with it and imo they havent done anything wrong, they look at u2 sales and xmp player count and both are pathetic so they dont support it, who can blame them but the few fans left? Complain and ask atari for support all you want they wont change their minds unless a thousand online players spawn over night.

I just got the CBP and plan to give it a go and try to get back into XMP for a bit, atleast untill 2k4 arrives. Hopefully theres some good servers up and people playing later (stats page doesnt even have it in the top 40 games online atm.... so hopefully that changes......).

Gundato

Wangosaurus Rex
Feb 26, 2002
In a Nuclear Missile Silo
Well, I am buying the UT2k4 SE (mainly for the tutorials and mods) and plan to use those to make a few simple maps and mutators for this game.

And of course, I play this on a semi-regular basis.

.:AlphaOne:.

Omega
Jan 17, 2004
master server isnt really required, more liike, nice to have. outside of that, any pc can be a masterserver. I could do it had i the resources.

Dead_Metal

I'm something - But I don't know what.
Feb 13, 2004
As it was said earlier to post ideas for maps - XMP-CloseQuarters - is as its name suggests, close quarters combat, I aim to bring out the skill of weapon use and team thinking in this map (shocking). No med stations, no nrg stations, and no ammo stations, this will require the team to function in unison as it should during a game on this map. do to the fact of no 'real' open areas in this map the ranger may seem kinda useless? Nope, he is there for medic, for infiltration on the generators the lie in the even more cramped tunnels below, for guarding the main long hall to his/her node, for their smokin nade goodness, and for their quick shootin shock lance which can knock out many deployables as the Tech can. I have thought about each weapon on this map, like gas for instance, clearing a hall at mass.......true.....but whose to say there is only one route? - there isn't. Any and all weapons will and can be used to their fullest extent. But this will require a bit more thinking then any average map I assure you. Beta testing on this map should accure this weekend (I hope) depending on master server and if any clan or anyone would like to help? - Pics may come out tomorrow aswell (my avatar was takin on that map :}) -

Quick question though, anyway to make a hack trigger show the team color on radar?

Status
Not open for further replies.