Let's make a list of small maps for rotation

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Well we did get some ppl to play today, but we had to keep voting for map, because Chaptor1 seems to have all kinds of maps on rotation. I would ask Gab to change the rotation, but first we should figure out what to change it to!

The main concern is obvious. We could have 3 or 4 people playing most of the time, and maybe up to 6 at a time. Most XMP maps are designed for more people. But some are still playable especially if you know the map well and know how to use the radar to track hackers. With that in mind, I propose the following:

• Rampant
  • Lowlands
  • Freefall
  • CBP-Wonderwoods
  • APv2-Minos
  • APv2-RGB
  • APv2-Avalanche-FMI
  • cXp-HeavenlyHell-RC
  • Castle-RGB

Now I know there are lots of other maps, especially stock ones, that people might want. Here are a few reasons why I didn't list them:

First, if you can easily get a Raptor and drive it across the map, you could end the map too soon and the other team may have no chance to catch you. Garden falls into that, and so does Sirocco and Nakoja. Rampant is ok because you can lock the garages, and Lowlands is ok because you need to keep hacking generators (can't just drive from base to base).

Second, if the base is too big and has too many paths, you might miss each other. Again Garden has that. Alcazar too.

Thirdly, if there are two or more completely separate paths from base to base (front path / back path) again you miss each other easily. Alcazar, Sunset Beach.

I hope this makes sense. Everyone please go over my proposed rotation and make suggestions.

Kaminari would be a good choice...

I hate to break it to you but very few people actually like the map FreeFall... While I enjoy it, most people don't enjoy the concept of propelling themselves across a map with a flame thrower, though I must say; flame thrower with high fire rate on FreeFall can be really fun, even for haters :D

Also... Call me crazy, but wasn't Heavenly Hell that giant one with teleporters around the map and a glitchy cave with an energy source in it... Along with a harby tucked away somewhere that you could use as a submarine in the water?

What about Towers??? That was a good map... NOT! (Seriously, don't do Towers... or Towels...

Another potential map would have to be Pool... I think it can be managed with few people... but who am I to judge?

On a less serious note...

WTF
or
WTF2

Are both some of Jackal's finest. And there are over 30 RGB (Jackal's third-finest, which more greatly impacted the XMP lazy-person mapping community) knockoff maps on u2xmp.aybab2u.com if you want small... I wouldn't really recommend any other than the two you've already chosen. Except maybe XMP-RGB-Raptor... But you said you don't like using raptors to insta-cap artis so I guess that would be a bad plan.

If you want to confuse people, might I suggest Drakk?

If you get bored of the colors in RGB, Dormetorio is a good, lowered-grav alternative. I'm pretty sure the gravity on Dormetorio was lowered more than that of RGB, but who cares? Low grav is low grav :D

As I continue to scroll through my map collection I see XMP-Gecko, and I fail at recalling whether or not that was a good one. I feel like a failure because I can't picture that map in my head. I'll have to play a little to see if it's any good :) Maybe I can get XMP working on my new PC, but I'm not sure I want to put up with all of the Vista 64bit POS hassles, or the whole quad-core processor not being compatible with XMP....

Back to serious suggestion...

Was Geomassif too large? I remember it being fun reguardless, but I don't think it was any bigger than Wonderwoods.... Though it was a lot less flat.

FCB is another popular small one... Maybe that could be used.

Also, APv2-Lagoon was a personal favorite (and another Jackal map!) which had no vehicles, so on-foot transportation was a must. I remember the islands being a bit crammed for a full MYU server or something, but I think three people could do just fine.

Another good map; Miasma!!!!!! Choose it or I will hunt you down and feed your children to a large family of rabid goats. Well... Maybe that would take too much effort. I'll probably just sit in front of my computer and cry.

I'm going to stop my list here because it's 3am and I should get some sleep BEFORE the sun rises; so until I sign on again, goodnight to you BuF and <3 to all.

nb_steel

Kill Xmp I Kill ¥ØÚ!!!
Aug 23, 2005
My map rotation for this small community (as of now) would be:

1. Sunset Beach Frontline
2. GFC-FCB
3. Mini-Garden
4. Desert Kombat (The one with the two jump pads on each side of the map with some sort of platform in the middle.)(That may not be the name, but i think it is)
5. Ramant (I think its still small enough to have fun)
6. RGB
7. Miasma
8.SonearyetsofarX
9.Pool

Thats my map rotation ill update if i think of something else.

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Small-RGB
Mini-Garden
Steel's Boxworld or Boxworldmania
ChaosPrt
XerXes
BioDome (specifically the beta one where you could hack other teams deploy :lol:)
Crusher!!!! Door sound ftw!
FCB!
RGB Cavern
MechIII :D
PowerStruggle
SpaceBit (only map with cool music)

Mar 6, 2004
Small-RGB
Mini-Garden
Steel's Boxworld or Boxworldmania
ChaosPrt
XerXes
BioDome (specifically the beta one where you could hack other teams deploy :lol:)
Crusher!!!! Door sound ftw!
FCB!
RGB Cavern
MechIII :D
PowerStruggle
SpaceBit (only map with cool music)

If we go by this i quit.

garbage

a.k.a. Del!Rium
Oct 23, 2005
Holland>all
www.tbc-xmp.co.uk
As much as I hate or don't know like 99% of the suggestions, I'll just put in this little piece of advise; Go with Miasma, as Smot says. It was the first map I thought of when I read your post, but then I saw he was first (curse him.. or not).

Anyway, It's actually one of my absolute favorites out there, and deffo one of the best maps made later than the stock ones (and being very compatible for both few and many players).

And towels can be fun, I actually thought it was hilarious every now and then.. But regarding seriousness and gaming it's absolutely pointless, lame and stoopid. (I guess it was too annoying for your nerves smot?)

And I love freefall.. I'm one of the very few though.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
love the craft ride on the water. Wish there was a map that had a tram ride...ride the tram to different sites.

Dude you got my hopes up calling it a "craft ride on water"... just a platform that moves by itself on the water. I thought you meant a boat you can control... :eek:

There's a platform like that (moves horizontally, not vertically like an elevator)
in Beach Assault 2 base.

Now you just gave me a crazy idea about a map... see new thread.

Anyway, this map is way too big to be fun with 4 people. it's more for 24 people :p I made some screenies of the 2 Alpha signs you can find on this map tho.

Attachments

• Shot00007.JPG
    Shot00007.JPG
    267 KB · Views: 9
  • Shot00014.JPG
    Shot00014.JPG
    411.7 KB · Views: 10

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Oh yeah that AlphaIsle map was pretty cool. There was another very complex map that Shinzon was working on. I had it in my map cache once upon a time, but it's long gone now. It was supposed to be some sort of Conquest-like map, where you try to own different sections of the map, I think similar to Onslaught in UT2004. I remember it had huge, very high stone walls, with walkways along the top of the stone walls, and deploys and bunkers here and there. It was big, definitely made for 16+ players. Wish I could remember the name of it.

Mar 6, 2004
Oh yeah that AlphaIsle map was pretty cool. There was another very complex map that Shinzon was working on. I had it in my map cache once upon a time, but it's long gone now. It was supposed to be some sort of Conquest-like map, where you try to own different sections of the map, I think similar to Onslaught in UT2004. I remember it had huge, very high stone walls, with walkways along the top of the stone walls, and deploys and bunkers here and there. It was big, definitely made for 16+ players. Wish I could remember the name of it.

I believe it was called conquest. i can easily get it from the alpha forums.

edit- no it's not...conquest is the tube map Kazi made. PM'd kazi the name and the link to it.

Last edited: