1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Let's Go Back!!! UTXMP still needs more Work!

Discussion in 'Unreal 2' started by /\ºÐZA, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. /\ºÐZA

/\ºÐZA /\ºLpha Psychiatrist

I understand that UTXMP is somewhat the future but this future is not looking so hot right now. Maybe im being a lil unpatient and not waiting for F.M.I to make the necessary changes. UTxmp has potential but will we experience the same fluid movement from U2? In time, maybe!

I still have u2xmp installed and considering playing once again because of the lack of fun brought by UTXMP. I think we abandoned U2Xmp too quickly in hopes that UTXMP will improve what could not be done in U2. The only thing Utxmp has done so far is lessen the community. Many servers are empty daily. UTXMP was suppose to be a direct port from the original, so why these frantic changes. Maybe I just dont understand the switch from one game engine to another but I say " IF IT AINT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT."

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    From /\ºMcGuirk:

If UTXMP is going to continue to improve (i.e. if it ever improves at all), I don't see how a few clans with a very few -empty- servers is motivation anyway. If it's ever going to take off it will be due to drawing a ton of players from UT2k4...that won't happen until it's smooth and fun. It's neither now. Who knows when, if ever, that will happen. It just doesn't make sense to waste time when we could be enjoying the great fun of the original. If UTXMP is ever going to be worth anything that will only come about from the efforts of FMI (---not to mention which, given the relatively tiny size of the XMP community, they really could stand to share a little more information on their progress (e.g.: are they working on another patch, when might it be released, what issues will it address, what issues even -can- be dealt with, or is nothing going on right now----it would be nice to know something instead of nothing).

Personally I would much rather get a movement going to encourage all the other active clans to switch back now. Before the move you could go on any time of the day and find at least a few small games...in the evening there was always two or three full, big, FUN games going on.
    Now it's pretty much --nothing-- ever. And of course even if you do find a game...it sucks because it's UTXMP.

If UTXMP is going to happen, surely it will come about without the few real XMP players languishing in frustration with a crappy game and a couple of empty servers. (which, by the way, like Kaz said---we're not doing Xeno any favors with a constantly empty server...and as the game is, it's not going to win over any UT2k4 people). As they make improvements we can check back and keep up with it.

In the meantime...let's get XMP back up! Let's start playing again. For fun...not for the hope that maybe, someday we can enjoy UTXMP. Let's go back to the fun until there's really something worth switching over for.

As for going UT2k4 for now...the thing about that is: there are a jillion UT2k4 servers as is...if someone wants to play, they can play at any time. We don't need to do it as a clan. And it's no substitute for XMP. Even the onslaught mode is no match for the real team-work and strategy that makes XMP so great.

So, we don't have to abandon the hope of UTXMP maybe, someday being a game worth playing. But in the interem let's get the real XMP community up and running again.

Let's get in contact with the other clans and start a real and immediate movement.

Remember all the fun. It's right there to be had again.

Let's go back.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  2. iddQd

iddQd Yours truly

Im still playing u2xmp, the biggest break I had was about a month, Muppetzone is still running, located in sweden and clan overCruel is still playing 1 or 2 praccs a week. Swing by our irc channel if anybody's lookin for some serious clangaming!

3. FurociousFa

FurociousFa Banned

NOBULL's server is up, and pet might switch our xenotech server to xmp once again also.

4. Zetto

Zetto XMP Beta Tester

yeah, give up on UTXMP, and it'll never get finished, while U2XMP will die anyways :D ggz

5. FurociousFa

FurociousFa Banned

get FINISHED? no one will play it sorry zetto

6. dutch_gecko

dutch_gecko Think Pink

You know, you could play both? That's what we're doing.

7. (GR)Killer

(GR)Killer ...

I play both but nobody plays that game so i mostly play u2xmp.

8. Bleeder

Bleeder Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan

To this thread, I say "duh"
    Tho I do miss teh ultimate maphole-finding uTxmp bots.

9. Skipr

Skipr New Member

If DZA's awe inspiring speech doesnt work for you, just listen to him on TS! Then you will truly switch over!

:D

10. [[Vash]]

[[Vash]] .:Player:.

I play both.

11. Dandeloreon1984

Dandeloreon1984 CXP Director

I also play both... and i am working on unofficial patches to fix it up... nothing much... just this and that that people notice ( code wize )... just fixing up the various stuff i notice... and it'll be a mutator.

12. Gumby

Gumby Pretty in Pink!

I love u2xmp :) Stopped playing for a while but come back to it as of late ;)

13. EQ²

EQ² Code Monkey

Never stopped playing it, never stopped loving it. UTXMP just doesn't have it.

DCSB server (and BSE server too: wow we actually had some people playing RR earlier today w00t!) has stayed up constantly. IP: 213.253.57.58

I hoped this would happen the second I saw UT:XMP. I know the great days of last summer we aren't likely to see the likes of again: but look forward to seeing you all in-game sometime.

14. Duke_D

Duke_D as bad as i wanna be...

Hey Gumby,

Nice to see u active again....
    I think you "spoke" to me last time I played on Xmas eve, or maybe some1 else from your clan...

I missed the game, baaaaad....

Back tho and raring to share my shotgun lead to all interested parties :D

Cya.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.