1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lets get old school!

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by ~DH-CrackeR~, Dec 26, 2004.

1. ~DH-CrackeR~

~DH-CrackeR~ Proud Leader of Deaths Head

Sup everyone!

I hail from the Unreal 1 inf scene... yeah we still play old unreal lol. I am wondering if the INF team has abandoned us lol. Anyway I heard there used to be an INF for UT that was just like the original but I can't locate it anywhere... 2.7 i believe anyone know where i can get it?

I have tried UT inf and its just not as fun for alot of us, unreal 1 inf has the faster paced gaming experience. Plus there are alot of ancient pc's that just don't play anything but unreal 1 still out there. Sure we have to deal with weapon rapers but we think its worth it, not many games where you can lay waste to an entite team so efficiently and quickly.

I am currently making a new INF sub mod with some new guns and player classes... If anyone here has any interest in contributing some meshes or anything at all I desperately could use some usable materials!

I run www.unrealinf.com a site dedicated to my clan and unreal 1 inf, you can aim me or send mail to cracker@unrealinf.com if you got any goodies... would earn you a spot in the credits anyway lol.

If any of ya are interested in checking out unreal 1 inf drop me a line it can be arranged via our private file sharing if you don't have the old disk.

good day to yall,

cracker

2. Derelan

Derelan Tracer Bullet

This has never been asked before?!

3. ~viper~

~viper~ lo

what we're playing now....it's not considered unreal 1?

4. Taque

Taque Custom User Title

No, we play for Unreal Tournament. The Infiltration for Unreal 1 is totally old school! If Unreal would install on my computer, I'm sure I'd play it for pure nostalgia.

5. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

Doesn't it? Installs fine for me, runs even better using UT's OldSkool mutator.

6. ant75

ant75 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

If that's the original unreal cd you're looking for, i can hook you up with that. ;)

7. ~DH-CrackeR~

I can too, I will either burn you a copy and mail it... or even better very very soon our private ftp will be back up (its getting ram now) but its a file sharing ftp for unreal 1 and I will give the website to anyone who asks me for it. You can find all the mods and patches for unreal at www.oldunreal.com or www.newunreal.com and I have inf for unreal 1 at www.unrealinf.com . I think the game might actually work on UT ... doesn't UT have the original unreal stuff too? Not sure never tried it it might not.

But what about UT's inf 2.7? I heard it had ammo you could toss and shoot to make blow up! Anyone still have that file? I would love to use it for my inf sub mod if it would be ok.

Oh and there is still a very very loyal unreal 1 inf crowd... most have been playing years so if you get pwnd don't start calling people bots lol... we actually have one of the best anti-hack programs ever compiled for any unreal engine game. And it is currently 100% bot proof, we also have ip banners that completely block any join attempts, no packet spamming any more that was a hard one to stop.. so if you get banned on my server you won't even be able to see it in the list at all :) Unreal 1 inf is alot faster paced that UT's and the maps are mostly smaller... its entirely possible on some maps to be in the other teams base before the buzzer goes off... though not recommended to do that unless you have a nade hehe.

8. Hadmar

Hadmar Queen Bitch of the Universe

In theory:
    Only gives me an error ATM though.

9. Nukeproof

Nukeproof n1

That should people give some confidence about 2.9 ... maybe I should even install unreal 1 to have a look

Last edited: Dec 28, 2004
  10. ~DH-CrackeR~

Heck yeah, the good servers are ~DH~ INF STANDOFF in the US and SA Inftiltration HQ for euro... actually those are pretty much the only standoff servers people play on.. both are 20 player. INF deathmatch is still played but not near as much. There are always a few players on spare for the wee morning hours.

Gamespy still hosts unreal1, people have rumored unreal was going off gamespy for years and it never happens because of the dedicated players it has. Unreal will live on cause all the players go to clan forums and even if the masters disappear we'll survive cause we all know each other lol, we all know the servers ips and stuff anyway ;)

as far as setin up your unreal 1 goes:

If you have a geforce card go with the 224 patch from oldunreal.com with the opengl patch as well... if not go for 226 and d3d rendering. If ya got any issues or errors lemme know I'm the old unreal geek lol.

11. Keganator

Keganator White as Snow Moderator

Well, glad you guys are having fun with it still :D

12. ~DH-CrackeR~

Yeah it would be cool to get a new INF version for it though..... or if some INF writer would throw me a bone in the form of some meshes :)

But back to 2.7 question... I CAN"T FIND IT NOWHERE surely to god someone somewhere would have a copy on some abandoned outdated and hopefully still running ftp or website lol...

[​IMG]

13. Cleeus[JgKdo]

Cleeus[JgKdo] because respawns suck

ftp.theonlinegaming.com

14. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

I would rather like to get New School ;).

15. ~DH-CrackeR~

Thanks for the FTP, but its not anonymous.... I can't login to it lol. Could ya hook me up with a username and pass please?

cracker@unrealinf.com