1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Legacy

Discussion in 'I Need Help!' started by Dominator_dread, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Dominator_dread

Dominator_dread Adept

I was just wondering how to update Oldskool Amp'd after i install Legacy. Do I just install the newest version of Oldskool over the one Legacy includes? Or is there a smaller update where i only have to update a few files? Any help is appreciated.

2. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

I dunno. Try one way, try another.... if worse comes to worse you can always uninstall both of the mods... :)

3. someguy_99

someguy_99 New Member

Under "Start New Single Player Game" chose "Custom Map Packs" and click "Refresh" (lots of quotation marks, huh?).

4. Dominator_dread

Dominator_dread Adept

someguy, what are u talking about?
    ok, i guess i'll install the newest version of oldskool over legacy. Thanx for your help :)

5. Dominator_dread

Dominator_dread Adept

now i can't save games anymore. All i have is an option to restart the first level. Any help is appreciated. (sorry bout my last comment someguy_99)

6. someguy_99

someguy_99 New Member

I had that problem, I think it's when you disable the special menus when playing single player. Just re-activate them. (I really don't know why people have so much trouble with this, it worked fine with me and I hardly read the readme. And did you edit your post or something? I thought I saw it say that you didn't know how to play the maps from Legacy after installing it after you installed Old Skool.)

7. Dominator_dread

Dominator_dread Adept

I didn't edit my post.
    I can't find the readme file, and i don't know what the special menu's are. How do you enable the special menus?

8. someguy_99

someguy_99 New Member

Under the "mod" menu thing click "Enable Oldskool Menus". And the readme should be in the zip file, if not just reinstall Oldskool and click release notes at the end of the Umod.

9. Dominator_dread

Dominator_dread Adept

Under the mod menu, there are only the options:

Legacy Configuration
    Disable Oldskool Amp'd
    Oldskool models

What should i do?

10. someguy_99

someguy_99 New Member

Well to start a single player game go to "game" on the main menu bar and choose "start new single player game," and the menu's are self-explanitory from there (as long as you use the context help thing). As for the "special menus," check under the "options" menu and look for "Oldskool Configuration." To make these now menu items go away, go to "Disable Oldskool Menus." Hope this helps.

11. Jehuty

Jehuty Banned

Did you install the OldSkool 2.39 patch?

12. Dominator_dread

Dominator_dread Adept

I assumed Ussar updated the file to version 2.39 because there weren't any download options for the patch to 2.39 on his site. I do have the patch from an earlier download.

Ok, i installed the patch for 2.39 and teh same options are given to me. There is still no option for special menu's.

There is no option under teh mod menu for Oldskool Configuration. Only options available for Oldskool and Legacy are what i posted before. There is no option for oldskool menus.

Should I now uninstall Legacy and Oldskool and then install Oldskool 2.39 first and Legacy second? Is Ussar's d/l file on his site already at 2.39?

13. someguy_99

someguy_99 New Member

Ok, just uninstall both of them and reinstall Oldskool first, then Legacy. If that doesn't work, Email the creators.

14. Jehuty

Jehuty Banned

Did the patch fix the save problem?
    I think the Old Skool version in the d/l section was 2.38.