Left 4 Dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Well, it hasn't been that bad yet, but we do like to joke about being in the ghetto. Worst that's happened so far was having the cops beat on the door looking for someone who doesn't live here anymore.
But hey; it's rent free and the AC works... kinda... so we're not complaining.
We'll be looking for something bigger in about 5-6 months... something with a finished basement for me, the dogs, and the rig... 3 bdr upstairs for the rest of the family.
Yeah, it's disappointing that I don't have internet yet, but the extra $600 a month to help us catch up on bills and get upgrades and such will be nice.
Next week I'll be looking for a sata DVD burner and Blu-ray player for the rig... later on it'll be a 3gig Intel core duo, a new mobo, ram, a 9800 gt_ and a case.
Gotta balance the good and the bad. ;)

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Sounds like a nice little build you have planned. Hit Steel up for his specs he built a nice sweet rig recently. Hope some of my tips/suggestions helped him. Its not all that hard if you do some research and shop around.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Oh, I'm not having trouble running L4D... but Penney wants me to build a rig for the grandkids (Gretchen is due next week!).
Well, best way to do that is to do some upgrading... otherwise I couldget away with a mobo/vid card upgrade (I want to be PCIe 2.0 capable).
The mobo, CPU, 4gigz of Ram, case and vid card I priced on newegg were only $50 more than I spent on my upgrades last year, but significantly more powerful... and it leaves me with only a Hdd and monitor to pick up for the new rig... both of which have gotten much cheaper since my last upgrade.
I'm also seriously considering a 32-40" digital TV to replace my monitor... heh heh heh.

Devastator

What are YOU looking at?
Apr 8, 2003
North
bua.beyondunreal.com
Well, I should be on on Monday night if I manage to finnish my texture for my character. I might have to stay at school late. So yeah, got the game but might not be able to play 'til Tuesday.

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
Yes, we'll have eight: Taz, Boney, Digger, Aaron, Lurk, Dev, Morty, and myself. I also suppose we also have Vlad and Flaw, though I've never seen them in-game. I know I speak for Taz and Boney by saying we would really love to get a full game BuA versus going.

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
I think it'll confuse people that don't remember the original TV series.

"Devastator? Wasn't that the tank that was destroyed from the first movie? Now it's this giant thing?"

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Cable will returning tomorrow, but as I've recently learned; that doesn't mean I'll have internet... but here's to hoping I'll be joining you for some zombie-crunching fun tomorrow night.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Welp, won't be getting internet today either... apparently the techs they were sending out last week didn't make it until today, but they only fix the lines, they don't install cable/internet... so it could be another week or more before we get internet.

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
Dunno, Would be afraid of it getting messed up because of the weather. What kind of speed can satellite do?

Thats an icky decision. Satellite internet is not even close to as good as DSL or Cable. And as Dev kinda stated... it is greatly affected by the weather. A little bit of cloud cover... you can forget about a decent connection. I do think you need to smack your cable installers around a little bit. It shouldn't take more than a day or two to get you up and running.

Dev you gonna be around tonight?

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
Satellite is burst-transmission download, and usually a dial-up type of connection for upload. In other words, it isn't for gaming, period. It's great for downloading, though.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Ok, thanks for the input, guys... I kinda figured as much, but I wasn't sure.
I guess I'll be waiting another week or two.