Left 4 Dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Hah thanks for the heads up.

I killed instantly someone today by pounce Act 1 of Blood Harvest. They revived him for 2 times and had a few HP left, he ran at the safe room, As soon as I hit him he just got Helicopter'ed in the air ragdoll. I stood still with a "WTF" face, then laughed my ass off.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
It's hard to explain, but not everyone has the same heartbeat, as in, not everyone plays the same way. There's the experienced players who doesn't waste their time on the normal zombies, rushers, and the players who don't follow what's going on at 100%. I mean, they can take down a Co-op game on expert no prob, they take their time, still know how to deal in tight fights, but they can't always keep the lead with the other players.

Everyone got to stick to the plan.

There are lots of strategies that work, but I think that no matter how you are playing one principle always holds. You absolutely must stay together. You have to be close enough that if a teammate gets hit by a hunter you're no more than a few seconds away from pushing it off.

It's possible to win by going as fast as you can, but nine times out of ten it won't. So if you're blasting ahead, and your teammates don't keep up you have to rethink your strategy.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Couple things to say about the patch

- The much needed buff for the Smoker is a blessing. He can still be useless in some spots. But dragging a survivor for 4 seconds and dealing 4 damage is better than 4 seconds and nothing. Also Smoker does 4 damage when doing a normal melee instead of 2 :tup:

- I noticed the hunter slash was nerfed from 10 damage to 6 damage per slash, but his pounce has been increased a fair bit so it evens out.

- Tank still blows when it comes to auto shotties(what did they do shave 5 damage per shot off the shotgun?) and he is a slug when it comes to M16's. Either increase his hp or get rid of the lockdown(versus only)

- May just be me but the infected seem to have doubled their annoyance value. Instead of merely limping away as they pelt you, you now come to a screeching halt. Just a couple infected were hitting me and I couldn't move an inch.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yes, but as far as I remember they've always jumped from one building to another there?

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I'm in the BU steam group you should be able to find me. Look for the bunny with the headcrab :)

Last edited:
I'd like to get into the Steam Group with you guys. :D

It'd be real nice to have some people with brains to play this with, as I swear I'm the only person in pub games that even tries to stay close to another survivor. .. or knows wtf "boomed, hit the corner" means.

In steam I'm "Lim213" . in game I use "Autopsy-213"

gimme a holla/invite if it's cool with you freaks?

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Wow this game runs a lot better than I expected. Damn.

Really wish I knew where the hell I was supposed to go, but I realize that's the entire point.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I'd like to get into the Steam Group with you guys. :D

It'd be real nice to have some people with brains to play this with, as I swear I'm the only person in pub games that even tries to stay close to another survivor. .. or knows wtf "boomed, hit the corner" means.

In steam I'm "Lim213" . in game I use "Autopsy-213"

gimme a holla/invite if it's cool with you freaks?

Done!

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
Is Trynant in the BuF group? If not, he would like to be in it :D

Also, Jumping into the helicopter and being the only survivor because no one else hauls their ass over is just testament to the phrase "You don't need to run faster than the zombie, you just need to run faster than the survivor next to you."

Peccavi

Jan 20, 2008
Peccavi_b if anyone is online at the same time myself. Most of you are European or American. None too many Aussies.