Leading your targets and defensive mortars

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ebonite DPW

The Fifth General and [PDX] convert
Jan 14, 2001
Portland. OR
www.darktorrent.com
My roommate brought these up, so credit to Bretai DPW.

We're curious as to how accurate the muzzle velocity is for the weapons in INF, particularly the sniper rifles. It looks like all the guns (excluding the grenade launcher) are instant hit. It seems to us that at longer ranges, you should have to lead your target in order to hit them, else the bullet would miss the target because the target is no longer in that spot. Is there a way to adjust the shot speed of the weapons in one of the .ini files?

He'd also like to suggest adding an emplaced mortar (such as the 60mm) to the Browning MG as defensive weapons. Give it five shells or so and a long respawn time. It'll keep people from bunching up around corners or in ravines.

Ebonite DPW for Bretai DPW

Disgruntled Postal Workers

We know where you live...

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
Infiltration does not use instant hit weapons, they use projectiles. That way gravity affects the round and carries it down. Infiltration is realistic, so the velocity of the projectile is still extremely fast and unless the target is VERY far away you should never nead to lead them. I don't know if they went so far as to change muzzle velocity for each weapon, but if they did, I'm sure they got it exactly correct.

As for mortars, since Infiltration seems to be more of a squad based military game, and mortars seem to imply a more large scale war scene.

shot.jpg

Hannibal

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
mortars

Infiltration is more of a special ops mod right now, so mortars wouldn't fit in so well. Also, wouldn't aiming a mortar be extremely difficult?

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
As Rogue Leader stated (BTW: RL, I like your sig), INF does not use instant hit weapons. It actually uses 3D bullets that travel through real game space, and are effected by gravity and other environmental conditions in a realistic matter. Not only that, but the muzzle velocities are factored into the balistics model for each weapon, as well as the particular characteristics of each projectile type (this'll be seen when additional ammo types are made available for each gun).

This completely realistic balistics model is one of the reasons that INF runs slightly slower than other "relism" mods for UT.

page

Assistant Coordinator, Contributing Editor & Graphic Artist
INFILTRATION H.Q.

-"For You, The End is Near"