last ut2vote with maplist-loading timer?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
Ben, which was the last Version, where the maplist-loading-timer was aktive, to prevent those wired things sometimes happening?

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Sorry for the late post but I've been laid up with a sore back which today the doctor sorted out.
That loading timer was introduced a while ago, not too sure on the version but I think it was 5.5

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
my best wishes for your back ;)

hmm, if it was introduced in 5.5, when did you take it out again?

At least, you said, you've taken it out again ;)

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
well, i'd like to to tell those guys, who have wired problems (like half-dead players, loading the same map and sticking in spec-mode) a hint to try it with the latest timer-version.

In my opinion, that one was the stablest version, we had ;)

But on the other hand, UT is dying, so why bother :(

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Looking through the ut2k4 code I see I started on a UT2Vote58B1 on Novemeber 2007 where I made the comments:

// Fixed UT2Vote image overlapping counter
// Fixed 'Unban Player' in Kickmenu

I jippoed the Registry and I can compile and play UT2k4 so if you think it necessary perhaps and if you can think of any serious bugs that need fixing we can maybe to another if anyhing beta release.
That will shake them a bit :D

Socke I looked everywhere and cannot find this timer thing you talking about.
Can you give some better detail and maybe we can add it back as an option.
On request, I'm also adding back the option of bNoDisconnect which seemed to help several AMD/Linux guys out at the time.
This was removed in 5.5

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
here we go: we had a version, which had a timer (some kind of countdown) to let the server load all maps and replicate the list to the client. It was something like 3 seconds. This was due to problemes with big map-pools. Especially in clanmatch you really could see the countdown.

Those days you wrote a little programm to duplicate a map hunderets of times, to test it, and you finally could replicate the problem.

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
ahhhhh yes now I remember.
mmm I'll have to dig deep into the code for that as I remember it caused a problem clientside so we dumped it but yes it waited for the maplist to load completely.
The more I think about it I seem to remember that if there was a glitch in the maplist replication the timer would continue forever which was a bug which was not curable and the reason it got dumped.
I'll look into it again and see if I can put a maximum time in it, say 1 or 2 minutes or so, and if it reaches maximum the timer will stop regardless.
Also make it an option for the Admin with advice to use with caution :)

Hell just looking through the UT2004 code, its beautifully written and nicely advanced on the original UT99 code which still makes me wonder why in the blazes Epic allowed its programmers to stray so far off the original code to the total cockup it has in UT3.