1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Last lockdown

Discussion in 'Jailbreak General' started by Ikkuh, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Ikkuh

Ikkuh Phear the nades

I know most of us are euro, and I know most of us prefer low pings. I want lower ping as well. But to go to a completely different server during the lockdown is a bad thing to do imo. I mean, the game wasn't even JB anymore.

I hope this switch doen't cause the lockdown to die (again). Some of us prefer a regular game of JB, and thats only possible during the lockdown. I don't mind if you play on that server exclusively, but please, stick with the mothership on sunday.

for the rest, ggs for the few matches we played :D
    /me needs to find a new nade spot ;)

2. RevBillyG

RevBillyG Taking over the world.

Hmm, I did the POTW and some mapping then came back for a game and everyone had disappeared? Thought I must smell or something. :/

3. Ikkuh

Ikkuh Phear the nades

yeah, everyone left to join some euro server. The only problem was that that server had 300% weaponspeed, instagib arena, zound, and other crappy things. Only me and General Lecter returned to the mothership. :(

4. Boost

Boost Dragon Lady

:D Well, blame me if you like, I don't mind.:p USG was so kind as to let us use their server when we had the tournament.;) Playing on the Mothership is really a pain for us as our ping is very high.:( The USG server has some mutators on but you can vote for no mutators and have a normal game of JB.:)

However I must warn you if you intend to play on their server, read the rules!:lol: No bad language is tolerated not even bad taunts. They kick very easy ask inocent The Head, he knows.:D

Sorry if you felt that I broke up the lockdown, that was not my intension.:shake:

5. Ikkuh

Ikkuh Phear the nades

ok, that cleared a few things up, thanks :)

It was the first time for me that I entered that server, so I had no idea ;)
    I also have 100+ pings, we all have (except for some unlucky ppl that float around 200 :( ), but the mothership stays the mothership, and still is the heart of JB. :)

6. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

Yeh I got kicked because Jrubzeknf was saying wtf......
    but we got it sorted in the end....

For me the Mothership is unplayable at themoment, I get around 200ms ping with loads of packetloss, same with Boost and Cooldude, except there ping is another 150ms on top of mine. :(

I really need to look into what is wrong with my internet, I used to be able to play fine on the Mothership with around 110-130ms ping without packetloss...... stupid telewest.

7. Boost

Boost Dragon Lady

The JB server of USG has been running again for a week now, our ping is way beter there and the people are very friendly and I must say I just love the soundpackage.:D It doesn't mean I won't come around for the lockdown, as I have done that for years already.;)

I know what you feel Head as you can't play like you are used too, we will also look into our provider to see if we can solve this problem.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2006
  8. RevBillyG

RevBillyG Taking over the world.

Hmm, well there's always that JB pickup channel.....

9. G.Lecter

G.Lecter Registered Tester

Well you already know I'd prefer a +150 ping rather than Berzerk, Sniper Arena and all that stuff I really suck at... ;) I enjoy the Mothership despite of the high ping (got used to it), I too think of it as the heart of JB since the first time I played on it. It's the only non-beta UT I play nowadays... :D
    But anyway an Euro-Mothership would be awesome. :tup:

They were a few GGs despite things ended before expected, and I hope to see you all next week to première Crusher3. :D;) We need to organise another betatesting day, too [Sexmachine? :rolleyes:].

p.s. Poor inocent The_Head! :lol:

10. Ikkuh

Ikkuh Phear the nades

heh, ok :)

I got used to playing with ping as well. Too bad for Head and your bad internets, I hope it gets better soon ;)

as long as the mothership doesn't die, I'm a happy man :D
    crusher 4tw

11. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

yeh I'm all innocent, I shall use this opertunity to say here is little innocent me:
    [​IMG]
    not really....

Yeh Beserk NWs was quite funny, but it would get tiring, Beserk iG is a nono... lol

I could cope with a 180ms ping without so much packetloss, I think my isp may have some problems connecting to America perhaps....

12. Ikkuh

Ikkuh Phear the nades

kitties \o/

13. Jrubzjeknf

Jrubzjeknf Registered Coder

The USG server only holds stock maps, and not even all because the admins dont like ie Castlebreak. For that, I say: mothership ftw \o/

14. Boost

Boost Dragon Lady

WHAT!!!!!!!
    We left USG because they were playing Castlebreak and joined on the Mothership !:doh:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  15. ZedMaestro

ZedMaestro Useless

The real reason everyone followed Boost and Cooldude to the USG server is because they're easy targets. :dutch:

16. CoolDude

CoolDude New Member

That was UT2Vote. When a map is played it removes it for the next X maps from the votelist. Indeed the newer maps are not there, just the maps which were around during the last tournament (I believe JB-Galactica is the latest). It will probably be updated with the upcomming mappack. ;)

But then: The Mothership stays The Mothership, too bad it's just located at the wrong side of the ocean.

//edit: rofl@Zed (thanks for reminding me :p)

17. Boost

Boost Dragon Lady

Well, nice to know you feel that way about us.:p Next time you will be my only target with my flak.:D

18. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

*The_Head runs around alive because Boost isn't chasing him with a flak*

19. Spitting-Monkey

Spitting-Monkey New Member

hi boost,cooldude,
    just popped in to check out boosts post lol.
    all i can say is come back and check the jb server out wot will it cost you a hour maybe if your lucky of your time. and if you like it well you have found another server to play on with good pings and friendly players and admins.
    cheers
    Spitt

P.S if you were regulars then you are able to recommend maps for the server through the website and well then everyone gets a say.
    Cant plz everybody all the time can only plz some ppl some of the time.
    cya

20. Trueblood

Trueblood Silly Brit

I almost forgot about the lockdown yesterday, I was playing wolf:ET and i rushed over to find only 3-4 people on there. I tried to play but the controls where so different i couldnt play..so i left :s
    Either way...blame Boost! \o/