LAN server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

broetto

Feb 18, 2005
Hi, I have a problem creating a LAN server. How I crate a LAN server in Inflitration?

Thanks.

Nov 19, 2004
Are you wanting to run this as a dedicated server (use the computer as only an inf server) or are you wanting to run it as a non-dedicated server (be able to play inf on it at the same time but if you close inf you close the server)? Also, are you going to be running ANY mutators at all on this server of yours, if so we'll have to insert some "serverpackages=" lines into your infiltration.ini so other people joining your server will not have any problems with the mutators on your server. Just give me the gist on what you plan to make this server into and we'll try our best to walk you through setting it up.

*Edited: just had to add a couple of words so it would make sense*

Last edited:

broetto

Feb 18, 2005
Losus, thank you for your reply.
I was created a Listen LAN server, but I have a problem. When the other´s players enter the server, they don´t see the HUDs (all gauges and weapon hud) and the letters (team speak) are different than usual. There are a especific configuration for this?

Thanks.

Nov 19, 2004
When you say the hub is missing are you referring to the entire weapons hud just doesnt appear, or that some weapons dont appear on it? Unfortunatly I have no idea what you mean about the team speak letters, anyone want to help me out on that one?

broetto

Feb 18, 2005
When I say hud is missing Im referring to the entire weapons hud and to the stamina/energy/status(prone/on/crouch).

Thanks.

bwztalon

Apr 29, 2008
I've got some problems with setting up a LAN server, too.

My serverfile looks like this:
ucc server DM-INF-ExtremePrejudice.unr?game=INF_GameTypes.INFg_EASGame ?mutator=INF_Mutators.RollingM67,MultiMut.MutMulti,UN_HandgunFix.UN_HandgunFix,INF_M2HBAimView.INF_M2HBAimViewMut,bulletsounds3.bulletsounds3,INF_Deploy.INF_DeployMut,INFm_DropExAmmo.mutDropExAmmo,INF_AimedPistols.INF_AimedPistolsMut,INF_Bandage.INF_BandageMut,K_INF_RandomTeamSpawn.K_INF_RandomTeamSpawn,INF_BlackAKMSU.INF_BlackAKMSU LOG=InfiltrationServer.log INI=Infiltration.ini USERINI=InfiltrationUser.ini

When i start the server everything looks fine, me and my friends can see it in the browser but when someone tries to log in, it just crashes. No error-message, nothing. When I launch a normal game with the same settings it starts without trouble.

I'd love to show you the Log-File but the recording stops somewhere in the middle of the server packages.:rolleyes: Any ideas?

Stinkmarder

[JgKdo]
Feb 3, 2001
Germany
Code:
ucc server DM-INF-ExtremePrejudice.unr?game=INF_GameTypes.INFg_EASGame ?mutator=INF_Mutators.RollingM67,MultiMut.MutMulti,UN_HandgunFix.UN_HandgunFix,INF_M2HBAimView.INF_M 2HBAimViewMut,bulletsounds3.bulletsounds3,INF_Deploy.INF_DeployMut,INFm_DropExAmmo.mutDropExAmmo,INF _AimedPistols.INF_AimedPistolsMut,INF_Bandage.INF_BandageMut,K_INF_RandomTeamSpawn.K_INF_RandomTeamS pawn,INF_BlackAKMSU.INF_BlackAKMSU LOG=InfiltrationServer.log INI=Infiltration.ini USERINI=InfiltrationUser.ini
1.) Game type is EAS but map is a DM map (without any EAS goals)
2.) It doesn't make sense to list all these Mutators here when you are using MultiMut. What does your MultiMut configuration looks like? Maybe you are loading some mutators twice.

it just crashes.
I assume the server crashes. Not the connecting client.

I'd love to show you the Log-File but the recording stops somewhere in the middle of the server packages.:rolleyes:
Start the server in a command shell to watch the log. Output to the log file isn't flushed when the server crashes. So it's always missing the last lines in this case.

Last edited:

bwztalon

Apr 29, 2008
1.) Game type is EAS but map is a DM map (without any EAS goals)
2.) It doesn't make sense to list all these Mutators here when you are using MultiMut. What does your MultiMut configuration looks like? Maybe you are loading some mutators twice.
I changed the map to "EAS-INF-DS-RailBridge.unr" and double-checked with MultiMut, still the same problem. I even tried it without any Mutators, no effect...

I assume the server crashes. Not the connecting client.
Right, the server crashes. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

Start the server in a command shell to watch the log. Output to the log file isn't flushed when the server crashes. So it's always missing the last lines in this case.
I tried but piteously failed... commandlines never worked well for me, I guess I'm just too dumb for that. :rolleyes: