LAN Crash to desktop problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Will.c

Aug 29, 2004
Ok, I had a good search and couldn't find anything relating to this problem, so here it is.

Normal Unreal tournament works fine, i can start lan games and single player games fine. no problems there. When playing INF single player everything works fine.
However,
when i start an INF Lan game, it crashes to the desktop..
I tried to start a game on the other PCs and got the same.

I'm running INF 2.9 on the GOTY version of UT.

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Will.c

Aug 29, 2004
I think i tried both listen and dedicated, and both crashed. But i will try dedicated again and see what happens.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
I'm not sure that's the problem here, but if Inf cannot find the files specified in your ini server packages, Inf will crash whatever type of server you're trying to run. I'll explain better : look in your ini for the lines "server packages" ; if there's a line which refers to a mutator or system file that is not present in your /system directory, server will crash.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Actually I did a tes of this last night and had it crash. Hopefully the same proble you are having. I hope to take a look at it tonight and try to fix it and post it for you.

That is I hope to god I find the time.

Will.c

Aug 29, 2004
Unfortunatly it's still crashing. Maybe there is a missing file or somthing relating to to starting servers, i don't know.

Thanks for all the help so far though :)

Jun 10, 2020
Sorry for being a lich-king-like necromancer here, but this might help other people like me that downloaded infiltration for the first time only two decades after the release of the mod. I managed to start a listen server (lan server) after going to infiltration.ini and deleting all the server package lines, and again in multimut.ini. Now I can launch a lan server but I'm not able to use any mutator, inculding the weapon pack. I'll try to isolate the mutator (or the mutators) that are causing this problem, and if I find it, I'll post here