1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lame year for gaming?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DeathBooger, May 18, 2006.

1. ilkman

ilkman The Outcast God

This sounds like a good reason as to why MS is no longer publishing Vanguard. Sigil didnt want to make it Vista only.

2. AizenSA

AizenSA The Divine Tyrant

well it looks like old Bill gates is going to make people buy the new OS (if they want to play new games that is)... Yeah personally I'll stick with the old games I suppose until Vista drops its price by $100. I'm sure it will cost at least 400-500 to start with.

3. Trynant

Trynant Manic Brawler

Nintendo Wii coming out Q4 2006. That's this year. Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. And look down at the DS and see some of the stuff that's been released for that.

So Oblivion seems to be the one thing I got this year that I still play on the PC. I didn't get FEAR, but it's a good game.

Honestly I'm not surprised that this is a pretty lackluster year. All the game companies are honing in on the next generation games (I hear Dead or Alive 4 is pretty good btw). The gaming industry goes through this cycle every few years. Remember when GTA, Metroid Prime, Halo, and Metal Gear Solid 2 all came out at once? Remember what it was like the year before that? There was nothing. NOTHING.

Luckily, I've got a bunch of games for my handheld and still have a bunch of older games I never finished. Perhaps a gaming drought is a good thing.

nah :p

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  4. _Zd_JOLT1r_

_Zd_JOLT1r_ Help needed

It's summer, I don't think it would be a good move to bring out games now. People having vacation, going to the beach and doing stuff away from the computer. The winter is not so attractive when it comes to hanging or doing things outside. So I think that would be a better time to come with new videogames, you'll sell more. Isn't the game industry to make money?

5. Iron Archer

Iron Archer Holy ****ing King of Trolls

As much as I hate to say it , Shadowrun was looking like utter sh-it :( Not too sure about it now, still. I'd prefer an urban setting and all, maybe a setup like Oblivion or something. I guess we'll see.

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_2955_en.html

Last edited: May 20, 2006
  6. tomcat ha

tomcat ha Well-Known Member

Armed Assault

7. SlayerDragon

SlayerDragon LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES

/me cries

Oh well.

8. Gorzakk

Gorzakk Scorpion Powah!

9. ReD_Fist

ReD_Fist New Member

Like I said elsware, all these consoles are thinning out stuff for the PC.There are only so many programers so now it's gonna be a bunch of kiddyfied games with good graphics.
    Nothing like when Quake1 came out, or like dueceX or Unreal first hit, I hope someone exclusivly starts a company for ultra scarey ultra violent, with tricky storylines and puzzles for the PC only.
    Then all the kids can play dorky games, simular to how they dumbed down ut2003, and ut2004 and all this stupid ratings MA17, thats what ruined it too, all these parents freaking out or whoever, forcing us to get a lot of non mature games (columbine-doom) whooohooo.

10. ilkman

ilkman The Outcast God

Ghost was put on permanent suspension, aka canceled.

Why? I dont know really.