1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lag on a lan games need tech help!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by barnEbiss, Nov 2, 2009.

1. barnEbiss

barnEbiss Member

Recently I have tried hosting a lan game of UT2k4 with my brother on our comps over the home lan. I am getting no lag and everything runs fine on my end, But my brother is geting 10 to 20 ping on the game when I host and is lagging out. This is the same with UT99 and unreal1. What is wrong? Anyone else ever have this problem? and what is the way to fix it.

2. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

Is that over wireless or wired LAN? A poor wireless signal could easily give >10ms pings and dropped packets.

3. barnEbiss

barnEbiss Member

Its on a wired network the lan router is a BEFSR41

4. Sportaçus

Sportaçus Protecting the citizens of Lazytown.

I hope you're not "Listening"

5. barnEbiss

barnEbiss Member

I am hosting the game, I have tried running the game as a dedicated server on my computer and also as a listen server and I still get the 40 to 78 ping

6. Bi()ha2arD

Bi()ha2arD Toxic!

There should be a checkbox that says Lan Server. Make sure that is checked.

7. barnEbiss

barnEbiss Member

Yes I checked that box! that was one of the first things I did was make sure the box was checked. I also set my netconnection in the network setting to be set for Lan or T1

8. GRAF1K

GRAF1K ****** Kamikaze

How is plain file transfer across the network?

9. barnEbiss

barnEbiss Member

Plain file transfer is fast and no problem. one thing do all cables plugged into the lan hub have to be of the same type of wiring? someone said this might be the cause so just wondering if that would cause a problem ingame?